Skip to content

Parda appears too soon after killing Shank

SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
What happens:
Moments after killing Shank in the Priest's Quarters of Candlekeep, Parda will ENTER THE ROOM and talk to you.

What SHOULD happen:
Parda should not appear until AFTER you've left the Priest's Quarters and returned outside.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I should also add that basically the same thing happens after you kill Carbos in the Bunkhouse.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Uninstall your mods. BGEE actually made their appearance much later, as someone already complained about.

Uninstall your mods.

I haven't installed any mods, though.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I had something similar happen to me. I have no mods installed. What happened to me though, was I could not quicksave after killing Shank because I was in dialogue mode, and when I exited, Parda was already at the door and talked to me right away. After the dialogue I was able to save as normal.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    @sirk8 they entered the bunkhouse for you too?
    [edit]
    Hah, cool, they came for me in too! Actually, i think that's a very nice effect.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Avenger_teambg - sorry, let me clarify. Parda did not enter for me, but I was in dialogue mode preventing a quick save, so the dialogue had triggered. Then when I stepped outside, Parda was right there in my face (in Vanilla, it usually triggered later and Parda would be seen walking up to me). I imagine if I had not exited right away, the NPC most likely would have entered. Anyway the behavior is definitely not the same. In the scope of things though, I'm not sure it really even matters.

@sirk8 they entered the bunkhouse for you too?
    [edit]
    Hah, cool, they came for me in too! Actually, i think that's a very nice effect.

Except that Parda will be asking you about a slight cut over your brow, while standing on top of a dead body.