Skip to content

Killing Neera on sight

This is what I intended to do - mostly to rob her. But she seems immortal, stays on Near Death. Is this intentional? If not, does one of the patches fix it (I don't have the latest patch installed)?

Comments

• EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    edited December 2012
    I tried this also on my evil bitch of a bhaalspawn, Rose.

When you first encounter her, the Thayan Wizard battle is triggered no matter what and she is invincible until they are dead. It is not possible for her to die during the battle. Kind of like Tethtoril
  • OssoryOssory Member Posts: 56
    Okay. And once the wizards are slain? Is it possible to first side with her, kill the wizards, then tell her to bugger off and before she does, kill her?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Alternatively you could welcome her with open arms, then take everything she owns, then kick her out and kill her?

Honestly the brief inconvenience is fully worth it for the Gem Pouch, even if you don't want the best mage in the game on your team.
    The thing is I'm playing solo and I would get a major headache if I accepted anyone, even for the briefest of moments. But I do want that pouch. And that belt, damn it.

On a slightly related note - can I cut down Khalid and Jaheira in the middle of FAI without turning people around me hostile?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes. Only the other person in the pair will care when you attack one of them.
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    You can't kill Neera. The developers realized she was too OMGKAWAIII ^______________________^~~~~;;;;;;; to truly die. What a fantastic character.
    Um, didn't she have a belt with cold resistance on her? Just picked her up and no belt ;(
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @Ossory not that I recall. You get a belt with 100% cold resist (but take double fire damage) if you loot Gorion's body. Also, you get a belt +5 vs. polymorph, petrification if you complete her quest.
  • Allen63Allen63 Member Posts: 53
    I took her into the party, took her stuff (not much to take -- I let her keep her staff), reformed the party without her. The parting was amicable and I can pick her up again anytime.

Generally, I'm going with a party of 3 total (me a fighter/mage, Imoen mage/thief, a cleric). So, I do the above with any potential new party members. Later, I can do their quests, if I didn't do them initially.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560

When you first encounter her, the Thayan Wizard battle is triggered no matter what and she is invincible until they are dead.

1. Offer to help her
    2. Flee!
    3. Return and accept her gratitude