Skip to content

Two classes they should make into fleshed out NPC's for BGEE2. Wizard Slayer & Undead Hunter.

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2012
    Undead Hunter's not jogging anything in my mind, although I'm not discounting anything. A "dynamic duo" might work, although I'd want to write them in such a way that they don't have to be together (although... Hm. A part of me wonders if it would be possible to make one of them a "familiar-like" character, who would stick around and level up with your party but you couldn't change their equipment...

Oh! That's actually not a bad solution to the "attached at the hip" characters in BG1, too! If you don't dismiss both of them, the one you do dismiss sticks around as a friendly but non-party character, which makes it impossible to level or equip them but also a lot easier to manage your party strategy.)
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Undead Hunter... Wouldn't that be too much like a Paladin?

I hope more NPCs are added to BG2. I just ... don't like many of the BG 2 NPCs, especially not the Good options.
    An Undead Hunter would be a Paladin. But it could be a much grittier version of the standard stereotype, much more willing to work alongside those who break the law, so long as it follows the goal of "hunting the bloodless".
    Well, I guess I meant that the problem with that is that we already have Keldorn and Anomen (and Mazzy). There are holes that could be better filled for BG 2 (like Thief - which is kind of ironic given BG's over-abundance of thieves).

One thing that bugged me about NPCs in BG2 was that they seemed to feel like "There is a kit for my class I MUST USE IT!" Almost all of the new NPCs use kits, except mages, but they're all multi- or dual-classed.
  • How about duo of sorcerer (High charisma, wisdom and intelligent elf woman) with barbarian (strong, flexible and durable half-orc man) They would be pointing at each other bad side (tiny squishy woman, that can't even lift armor and ugly stupid orc, that cant even make a knot.)
  • GruloGrulo Member Posts: 109
    edited December 2012
    How about a Wizard Slayer that wants to kill Neera? Could be something similar to Edwin's and Dynaheir's relation.

I can totally picture him wanting to kill Neera because of an incident that has something to do with a Pit Fiend.
    At the risk of being ... controversial... aren't most of the best NPCs in BG2 Evil already? I think we need some more good good NPCs. If memory serves, there are more good NPCs, but a lot of duplication (so many mages!) and not a ton of useful ones.
    rdarken said:

At the risk of being ... controversial... aren't most of the best NPCs in BG2 Evil already? I think we need some more good good NPCs. If memory serves, there are more good NPCs, but a lot of duplication (so many mages!) and not a ton of useful ones.

There are a lot of useful mages in BG2. Imoen, Edwin, Sarevok (if you decide to dual class him into mage).

Theere are indeed much more good npc's than there are evil.

How about duo of sorcerer (High charisma, wisdom and intelligent elf woman) with barbarian (strong, flexible and durable half-orc man) They would be pointing at each other bad side (tiny squishy woman, that can't even lift armor and ugly stupid orc, that cant even make a knot.)

I like this, simply because Sorc and Barb are the only classes that are not repressented with an NPC yet. Make them evil and ill love them.

Grulo said:

rdarken said:

There are a lot of useful mages in BG2. Imoen, Edwin, Sarevok (if you decide to dual class him into mage).

Theere are indeed much more good npc's than there are evil.

I was making two separate points: We have a lot of mages in BG2 and a lot of the good NPCs in BG2 aren't that great (Aerie, Anomen - though I like him and post-upgrade he's not bad, Cernd, Haer'Dalis, Nalia, Vaylgar - who is great if you don't mind micro-managing of stealthing and crap). A lot of them are just OKAY.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Undead hunter is a bit of a lazy kit idea tbh.
    It's pretty much already covered under ranger with a racial enemy of undead.
    rdarken said:

Actually there are only 3 evil NPC's in bg2, but I kind of agree with your points anyway.

I think we need more NPC's in bg2 anyway, regardless of alignment.
    Most of the BEST NPCs :) Kagain, Viconia, Edwin, Sarevok - all Evil.

Good side, we got Keldorn, Mazzy, Minsc (and no real reason to take all three).
    rdarken said:

I'm gonna have to deduct points for mentioning Sarevok :p
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Aosaw said:

As for the Swashbuckler request, keep an eye out; I'm working on something just for that. (although she might not be a Swashbuckler in the end...)

How so? Are you part of the dev team or something, or are you working on a mod?
    edited December 2012
    ajwz said:

Djimmy said:

Aosaw said:

As for the Swashbuckler request, keep an eye out; I'm working on something just for that. (although she might not be a Swashbuckler in the end...)

How so? Are you part of the dev team or something, or are you working on a mod?
    No, he is training his sister to be a pirate.
    Sometimes the best answer is the one you quote from someone else. :)

EDIT: But more seriously, what I'm working on is a mod. Although I'm enlisting some "help", shall we say.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    What about muffy the vampire layer?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2012
    rdarken said:

Unless you are talking about the entire series, which you don't seem to be, you mean Korgan.
  • well IMO BG2 don't have enough thiefs. In BG1 there are at least 5 of them. And BG2? Shi**y Imoen, Shi**ier Nalia. There is Yoshino and he is awesome! But he dies soon. Only good replacemant is Jan Jansen. So some thiefs in BG2 should be nice too.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    rdarken said:

You forgot Korgan, he's much better than Kagain.
    @elminster @AlexDeLarge Yes, I meant Korgan, sorry.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    without reading all the previous comments: how about some... you know... actually interesting and fun to play classes instead?

most people dislike wizard slayers because they're weak, which is true and well... but they also happen to be just excruciatingly dull. go forward, hit enemy in the face. you want to use a magic item for some cool effects? maybe get into position quickly with boots of speed? do actually fun stuff? you can't, go forward, hit enemy in the face.

I'm all for fleshed out NPCs, but at least make them *interesting*: fighter/mages, avengers, maybe fighter/thiefs... they're all fun classes to play, and pretty nonexistent in the game.
    For BG2, I'd like some more pure classes, to be honest. So many of the NPCs are kits or multi-class.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    I would like an evil Sorcerer, since it's the only class that can stand next to Edwin in arcane power and not cry in shame.

An evil (Fighter)/Thief or Assassin. Preferably Montaron. As I explained why in my thread.

And another Cleric, maybe of Talos. More focused on Str and Con, than Dex like Viconia.

...And dualing Sarevok is blasphemy xD. In all seriousness, I cannot imagine that BEAST sneaking around or in robes, even in Elven Chain.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    @Bhaaldog: yeah, in ToB, where there's about 20 hours left from the game... and he also is a problematic dual at best, too little too late imho.

@Archaos: I can get behind the sorcerer (or maybe sorceress?) too, although with the addition of Neera, you're pretty much drowning in mages. even better, let's make Xzar one - that old harper fart with the pointy hat has switched classes about 4 different times, why couldn't he? :D