Skip to content

Request a BG Item Creation Competition

HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
Hey everyone,

We know that Overhaul are planning to add some new items to BG (Trent said so when asked about items for under-represented classes).

I think what would be excellent in terms of involving the community and perhaps seeing some great ideas, is a competition. My idea is that entrants would create an item (complete with stats and backstory) and the best one be implemented into the game.

What does everyone think? And would Overhaul countenance such a thing?

*Also as an afterthought any items related or connected to Nexlit the Xvart in any way would not be permitted. Otherwise (quite properly) those are the only suggestions that would come up (because he is awesome).

Comments

• FranticFeyFranticFey Member Posts: 31
    Um, I absolutely love this idea. I think if we could actually get Overhaul to support this, that would be great. For one, it spawn a pool of ideas that Overhaul can draw from when they're trying to make their own items or gain insight on what the players want, and they could even pick one or two of the best suggestions and implement them into the game!
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    1. Katanas... *ahem*
    2. Thinking...

I'd have suggested a +5 Vorpal Adventurer Slayer, 80% Fire Resist, Piercing Resist, Cave Bear Summoning Short Sword for Nexlit the Xvart, but... *shrugs* 'Gainst the rules, after all, so...

Oh-
    3. Mage Robes of Fireball Enhancement
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    I think I saved many custom items I made back in the days, mostly new spells. I'd gladly submit them
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Sounds awesome. I approve highly of this plan. May I start submitting ideas here now? :)