Skip to content

New Quest DLC request

CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
Okay, here goes. I would like to get a bit ahead of myself and make a request for the first DLC pack.

Could we have a new adventure for everyone's favorite Bhaalspawn protagonist, to take place within the current main campaign in the manner of the Werewolf island or Durlag's tower as added in ToTSC. The level range should be 6-10 to make it a challenge for the mid to late game. If possible, a couple of new areas should be added to the campaign map to follow the spirit of the "no new dialogue for existing NPCs in old areas" deal. Ideal playtime would be approx 4-6 hours, in keeping with the current estimates for the new NPC quests.

Lots of dialogue and alternate ways to complete the adventure would be much appreciated, as would options to complete it in ways consistent with different alignments. It doesn't need to be a dungeon or even combat-heavy, more a interesting experience that adds to the richness of the gameworld (More interesting still would be the possiblity of a high charisma, morally flexible character being able to charm, bribe, negotiate and intimidate their way through with no bloodshed, but I digress). Appropriate rewards for the party ("Phat Loots") go without saying.

As an aside, the recently announced content looks great, looking forward to getting stuck in to it.

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    This probably belongs here. Maybe @Tanthalas could merge the threads to help keep the forums cleaner?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @AndreaColombo
    I'm going to leave this one alive since it was probably sparked in response to The Black Pits being a standalone dungeon.

@Corvino
    TrentOster did mention that they had two adventures planned for BGEE, one of them would be integrated into the bhaalspawn storyline and the other wouldn't.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    This post was a response of sorts to http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2035/the-black-pits-is-this-a-joke#latest (The Black Pits - Is this a joke?)

I agree with a little of the substance of the thread - i.e. that I would prefer content within the main storyline and focused on the storytelling aspects of roleplaying instead of combat. I think that the originator of that thread has gone about his point in the wrong way though and disagree strongly with the tone and language used.

This is a positive affirmation of what I would like to see in upcoming content rather than an attack on a single aspect of what seems to be a "good thing" (TM).