Skip to content

How many wild surges your mage can unleash?

Can you ever get too many wild surges? I guess you can not. I've just rolled a naive wild mage char and he got his very first wild surge. But his first fling with the weave was rather..weird, even for a wild mage, as you can see. I don't know how it happened but that surge was phenomenal. All of them worked, too. Shoal was silenced just after she gave her yielding dialogue, and still was able to raise my fallen companion and all. I have no idea why he did have such a...crazy surge spree but luckily none was disastrous. I play on ipad and insane difficulty if it helps..I hope his next surges won't be this..wild. Oh who am I kidding, I would love to see an area effect flesh to stone surge or spell cast twice gate opening surge and all other crazy combinations. :p

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Since you didn't seem to roll any multi-surge results from that lot, I'm not sure that's a legitimate, non-bug result.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Pantalion said:

Since you didn't seem to roll any multi-surge results from that lot, I'm not sure that's a legitimate, non-bug result.

That's what I thought too! Since ipad has an old patch version where wild surge effects were wonky and bugged. And often the wild surge text was wrong about what was actually happening. They fixed it in a patch on pc, IIRC, but I think this is even more fun:buggy and totally unpredictable and much more mysterious! Lol
  • DaelricDaelric Member Posts: 266
    The best part are your companions watching it all lol I can only imagine what they're thinking in that moment hahah
    Daelric said:

The best part are your companions watching it all lol I can only imagine what they're thinking in that moment hahah

Haha, yeah very true. My character is all like 'trust me I am a mage...whoops!' And Imoen goes all 'nooooo!' While all others are looking stupid with a what the hell expression on their faces..priceless! =D

• JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    It actually makes sense with that many surges if the bug with the misspelled surges still persists. If slowed is the typo for "roll four more times".
    Jarleale said:

It actually makes sense with that many surges if the bug with the misspelled surges still persists. If slowed is the typo for "roll four more times".

Actually, you may be right. This is ipad version so it still does not have the patch..more fun this way, though. =)

• BlackIvoryBlackIvory Member Posts: 75
    XD, oh man that is nice.

Try to read all the surge affects in succession, it sounds hillarious in my head, especially with the question marks and in the end it sounds like some weird mage with ADHD "snow?, itchy!, GEMS!!" :P