Skip to content

Goodberries used in rest till healed?

CandleBesideCandleBeside Member Posts: 38
edited December 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hi! Is the Goodberries spell used in the option rest till healed? This would be quite handy, so I wouldn't have to eat them one by one.

I have Jaheira with me and with the BG EE replay I wanted to try some other formation of my party, namely no other cleric.
Post edited by CandleBeside on

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    I don't think Goodberry is used on rest, but I'm not really sure.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited December 2012
    Heaven forbid that Goodberries had any redeeming feature. >_>
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Tome said:

Heaven forbid that Goodberries had any redeeming feature. >_>

Yeah it's funny, Goodberry is one of those spells that just did not translate well into computer. If memory serves, the PNP version can heal a hit point, neutralize a poison, or provide a day's nourishment. All useful things on an adventure. But none of it seems needed or very interesting in BG, and it's a little cumbersome to have to mess with it as an " item". I think I've used it once back in my early days with the game, and never bothered again.
  • I always wanted to ask... What are these berries good for? :D
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited December 2012
    Perhaps they could heal 'fatigue' as that seems the closest to nourishment in the engine?

Off to the Feature Requests...
  • CandleBesideCandleBeside Member Posts: 38
    There would be only some minor changes necessary to make them just a bit more handy.

If not usable on rest, they should be stackable to for example 30 ( not just 10 ), and consumable in a lot of 5 when not in battle ( if saving the game works ). Just an idea. :)