Skip to content

Bug? Fighter/Mage robe appearance

2»

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    Ah yes it was just with basic robes it looked right, sorry.

With just the 1ppv4 changer, does the color of the characters clothing change when you change robes? Maybe that's what it is supposed to do (BG:EE does this by default).
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

@bigdogchris - okay I've uninstalled the BG2Tweaks avatar changing component and have now installed the 1ppv4 avatar changing component (only) - with just this installed the fighter/mage avatar does *not* change to robes. I'm guessing it only works if you install the 1ppv4 avatars, but am nervous to do that, in case I break the game!

@bigdogchris - Okay, I tried installing the 1ppv4 avatars too, but the avatar switching component still doesn't work, so I've now uninstalled all 1ppv4 components, and thankfully the game still seems to work. Looks like its back to the BG2 Tweaks Component if you want auto avatar switching in BGEE currently...

With just the 1ppv4 changer, does the color of the characters clothing change when you change robes? Maybe that's what it is supposed to do (BG:EE does this by default).

Yes, I think it did (have uninstalled it now)

Yes, I think it did (have uninstalled it now)

The thing is, even if the character's clothing changes colour, it's not enough to signifiy - e.g. the colours of the evil robes of archmagi on a fighter/mage in unmodded BGEE are *exactly* the same as the Robe of Electrical Resistance, but on a pure mage they're distinctly different (not just because of the weird coloured leg effect with the Archmagi Robes, they're also styled differently), so you really do need proper robe avatar switching to be able to tell at a glance what robes your character is wearing. I think I'll go back to the BG2 Tweaks avatar changing component
    BTW I'm also now using the BG2 Tweaks avatar morphing script to put Montaron in the thief avatar, which seems to work okay, though his helmet doesn't show on the hooded thief avatar (not necessarily a bad thing), and if you change armour (even for another leather one) he changes back to the fighter avatar. It's not a big deal, though, as I have Monty in the +3 Shadow Armour most of the time
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    edited December 2012
    @Oxford_Guy
    Could you tell me whether unmodded BGEE version provides us still incorrectly "bare legs" appearance issue while wearing the Knave's Robe, Traveller's Robe and evil Robe of Archmagi?
    And is it possible to fix it, what is most improtant?
    Different appearance depend on bg version (Traveller's robe):

What is your opinion?
    I hope this gets fixed, the robes look really silly on female mages with the trousers