Skip to content

Island of balduran

I spoke to the greater werewolf, battled a bit killed the mage and some followers, then i had zero chance of winning and i run to heal and sleep. well i did and the day after the greaterwerewolf is no longer there and i took the treasures... is this normal? or just another bug???

also why my +3 weapon was ineffective on him?

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited December 2012
    Must have been a bug, and one that I sincerely hope you didn't save after encountering. It's impossible to leave the island without killing the greater werewolf.

The GWW is immune to almost all weapons in the game. The only weapons that can hurt him are the silver dagger found on the island, the bastard sword found in the chest behind him, and the flaming sword from Durlag's Tower. (I think the anti-shapeshifter sword works too? Haven't tried it myself). He also has absurdly fast regeneration speed, so you have to hit him hard and fast with limited tools to take him down. Thankfully, his offensive capabilities are nothing special, so you have time to set up an explosive offensive flurry to finish him off.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @Madhax
    You can leave the island by killing the head of the village. It will start the sequence of events that was going to happen anyway a little bit faster. So you can't actually get stuck on the island.
  • azidahakaazidahaka Member Posts: 19
    i thought so but i'm wondering where they are now :D
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    @moopy Ah, I forgot about that tidbit amidst all the fuss this guy has generated over the past couple weeks. Thanks for the reminder.

@azidahaka No idea where the GWW might have gone. He might have been following you down the stairs, then bugged out when you rested.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Karoug turns into a Greater Wolfwere, not a Greater Werewolf.
    i actually waited for him 2 stairs below, to see if ic ould take advantage of his spawning... he never come down :P
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    i found that hitting him with a hold works wonders. Then i just sit there wailing away and eventually he goes down. It also makes it easier to have your thife get the sword out of the chest so a party mate ca n equip it during the fight
    btw the GWW is gone and the village chief doesn't recognize him as dead.

all the other villagers do :P so i should kill her to go on?
    uhuhuh problem! i can't kill her :P she just runs away
    ok i'm glad i helped the the werevolfie :D
    being a gentleman pais off :D
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    I think it's something to do with BGEE's "improved" spawn system... Like the program detects how much players seem to struggle against some random encounters and tends to remove the threat upon reloading in order to allow players to progress more easily... so when PC moves out of the current screen or reloads the game threat seems gone...

But your case is interesting since such improved spawn system doesnt seem to affect pre-placed encounters and you're affected by it...

well in any case, bug or not i'm happy i managed to go on with the game :P

Heading to candlekeep now!