Skip to content

I need help about new portraits, please

faithofculdafaithofculda Member Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in General Modding
Hello everyone. Im searching the new portraits in baldurs gate ee, I want to use them for bg2. So, can someone please help this fellow adventurer:D the one I'm looking for is like a ranger, brown hair and beard, kinda look like aragorn with more hair:D please, I really wanna use that one for my old bg2.. Thank you so much for your helps.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2012
    You'll need to export the portrait using NearInfinity and then resize it to match the portrait dimensions used in BG2. Then just drop the newly sized portraits into the portraits folder and you're good to go.

Might be a little dicey to actually post the portraits themselves on these forums, though, considering that the Jason Manley portraits are one of the big selling points of the enhanced edition.

EDIT: Also, this can go into the Modding forum, since it requires a modder's touch to execute. I'll move it there now.
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    You'll need 2 different sizes. 1 has to be 110x170 and the other 38x60.

You should name them something like xxxxL for the 110x170 and xxxxS for the 38x60.
    with a maximum of 8 characters for the filename.

Lastly they need to be in .BMP format, 24bit.
  • faithofculdafaithofculda Member Posts: 2
    thank you so much for all your help, I just simply didnt like the enchanted version that much and all I want is play the series again. So, thank you and always be faster than chitika fastpaws.!!!