Skip to content

Two Weapon Style/Ranged - not sure if bug

MachineOfLightMachineOfLight Member Posts: 15
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I'm currently playing a Ranger/Cleric with two weapon style (since it has 2 points by default) and was disappointed to find out I can't equip a sling in a secondary weapon slot. Is that supposed to happen? Logically I would say that if you can normally equip a weapon/shield combo with an additional ranged weapon equipped, the same should be possible with a weapon/weapon combo.
Can anyone shed some light on this please?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• FelixKahFelixKah Member Posts: 18
    You can't dual-wield a missile weapon with another weapon. Not in the rules of the game. Dual-wield only applies to one handed melee weapons.
  • MachineOfLightMachineOfLight Member Posts: 15
    okay, thanks for clearing that up, seems rather unlogical to me, but I guess that's just how it is..
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    edited January 2013
    A great feature request would be so that you could equip a sling in the secondary slot, and a melee weapon in the primary slot and another weapon in the shield / dual wield slot.

Then if the primary slot is selected you dual wield as normal, and if the sling is selected you can still sling.

Either give the stat bonuses from the off hand weapon because I don't see why you can't hold a sword in your left hand and not use it if you can hold a shield, or don't give the bonus but at least make it so you can switch from dual wield to ranged without having to open the equipment screen.

Also, being able to switch from dual wielding to a bow without opening the equipment screen and dragging the weapons around would be really nice.

Edit: Actually I just did that
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13893/ranged-weapons-with-dual-wielding