Skip to content

Jaheira unable to cast any spells

FengirFengir Member Posts: 1
edited December 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I'm fairly new to this game and i figured i'll go with Jaheira on my first run, but after a while she suddenly became unable to cast any spells(spell button is just grayed out) and the only reason i keep her around is because she has the heals.

Even after a full nights rest in a royal bed with Jaheira having no gear equipped i still get this problem.
I did have a cursed ring in her inventory once but i never equiped it.

Is it possible to get her healing abilities back or should i just kick her out of my party?

Post edited by Fengir on
Teflon

Comments

• AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    It's unclear from your post but if the button is grey even though your party has a full nights rest and she has spells memorized properly then that sounds like a bug.

Unless you have some permanent spell affecting you such as deafness or silence somehow or possibly if you equipped a cursed item. I remember someone else talking about losing the ability to cast spells with a cleric but I'm unfortunately not able to recall what the solution was.

But yea, sounds like a probable bug, hopefully someone knows a solution. Try and describe more accurately exactly what you've tried to fix it yourself because right now you're sounding pretty cryptic as to when/how it happened.
  • NicholsNichols Member Posts: 16
    Is there an armor restricting her from casting? Not sure if that applies to fighter/druid or not.
  • AlsnAlsn Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2012
    Nichols said:

Is there an armor restricting her from casting? Not sure if that applies to fighter/druid or not.

It doesn't. Druids can cast in any armor that they are allowed to equip(including when they multi or dual class).
    NicholsTeflon
  • SornSorn Member Posts: 41
    It also may be possible that she just has blank spell slots and nothing attempting to be memorized. Or a bug.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Alsn said:

Nichols said:

It doesn't. Druids can cast in any armor that they are allowed to equip(including when they multi or dual class).
    Oh I suspected same thing and was going to suggest unequip everything hehe. Seems I was wrong.
    And he didn't see any markings on jaheira portrait so it is not curse something.......
  • BarfbeardBarfbeard Member Posts: 5
    Just an idea; if you kick her out of your party and then let her rejoin, is she still unable to cast heals?
    She (and Khalid) will gladly rejoin if you kick her/them out, so dont worry about that. Or save first and then try :)
    SornTeflon
  • FengirFengir Member Posts: 1
    sorry for taking so long to respond, been a bit busy lately :P

Jaheira leveled up and all of a sudden i could access the priest spellbook where i noticed that no spells where memorized.

Thank you all for the help anyways ;)