Skip to content

To play, or not to play.....

2»

Comments

• KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Ohwow, cheese tastic. The bit near the end about charming a guard and using the sphere in order to target for arrows of detonation is really interesting though.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Play, always play!!!!

Or maybe wait.....life is to complicated when you are given choices =)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    Me, I would play Baldur's Gate to death until BG:EE comes out. Then I would play BG:EE to death. Maybe even both simultaneously to better appreciate the differences and each game's peculiar flavor.

Wait, how much did you say you value your social life, again?
  • CykelpostenCykelposten Member Posts: 4
    I'd just started my first game (heavily modded) in a decade a few weeks before Enhanced was announced so I was happily spared the dilemma as once you've started a playthrough you can't just leave it....
  • tomsontomson Member Posts: 3
    play! there's no other way!
  • JoeJoe Member Posts: 6
    I might fire up NWN or IWD; get me back into the isometric zone, but without remembering too much of BG...
  • wbouvywbouvy Member Posts: 33
    I've been playing a lightly modded (fixes and tweaks only) version of BG2 on my tablet for the past few weeks, which works great to quickly play for an hour or so without retreating to the pc. Enough to get the Baldur's Gate fix a few times a week.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    @wbouvy is that possible? what OS does it have? shouldn't the touchscreen mess with older software?
  • wbouvywbouvy Member Posts: 33
    @Razor I'm using an Android tablet, using the GemRB app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.gemrb). It's pretty simple to get bg1, bg2 or ps:t running; install the app, copy game installation from pc and point the app in the right direction.

You'll need to map some gestures to right-click and item highlighting, and it has touch areas to simulate edge scrolling, but otherwise the interface seems pretty much designed for tablets.

Note that GemRB is an open source engine clone of the infinity engine, so you might get some weird behaviour if you use a lot of mods.
  • bberrybberry Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to ask whether save-games from the original series will be compatible with the EE.
  • levelwormlevelworm Member Posts: 41
    I'm already replaying BG1 now. Now I have gathered up my team and they are all lvl 3.
  • IronOgreIronOgre Member Posts: 11
    So excited...installing as we speak I literally havn't played in a few years (like 10)
    and I am gonna revisit this classic in prep for the release. Any suggested mods I should look for?
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Im replaying Icewind Dales while waiting for BGEE. Uninstalled my BG Tutu because i know i couldn't hold meself :)
    And after IWD, Nameless One and Morte awaits!
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Started a BGT run as an edited shapeshifter :P I'm allowing myself armour use and no shapeshifting until Werewolf Isle.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    I've failed to restrict myself. Playing BG1 unmodded. Completely. But I take my time, I'm not doing the 16h trial :) (which I could probably do solo with some cheesy tactics but where is the fun in that ? ^^)

I'm preparing myself for a big change :D
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    cyberarmy said:

Im replaying Icewind Dales while waiting for BGEE. Uninstalled my BG Tutu because i know i couldn't hold meself :)
    And after IWD, Nameless One and Morte awaits!

Exactly. If you don't dare playing BG, get your Infinity Fix with Icewind Dale. Doing the same just now (plus a nearly finished BG run, the first where I plan to import to BG2, which I actually haven't played since somewhere around 2001).

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    DONT PLAY!!!! The anticipation and the waiting will only make it better, just like chasing a girl ;-)

I finished recently IWD/IWD2 - installed PS:T latley, though it took me 45 minutes to modify it...
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Coriander said:

I challenge you to beat my 16 hour no-cheats time!

@Coriander : 16 hours... 960 minutes?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

CHALLENGE COMPLETED!

Proof -
    15 hours 51 minutes :P

• AdaramAdaram Member Posts: 146
    I have decided to wait for #BGEE before playing again. I think this will mark the 3rd or 4th time I have purchased this game, so, I will wait to get my money's worth (again!).
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Cheesebelly Nooooooo!

Actually I'd be interested in what sort of time @Nathan can do. Maybe he will avenge me?
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Coriander :

Well, if I didn't do pretty much every quest in the game, I could do it faster still :P
    But where's the fun in that. 100% completion speedrun or no thing!

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @Coriander I SHALLL AVENGE YOOOUUUUU... ...right after I get all these tasks done and have time to do another playthrough. That'll happen eventually, right? ...right? ;_;
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2012
    I don't remember anything from BG1 beside that I would start new games all the time cause I wanted to try all the classes lol so I'm gonna wait for BG:EE to have the element of surprise :P
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I have been playing BG campaigns in tandem for several years now, since I discovered the game and I won't stop any of them now BGEE is coming. I just put some new ideas on hold, to see if they're doable in BGEE (they rely on lvl1 npc kit selection mod heavily, don't know if that will be available straight away in BGEE, or if we do have to wait till the mods are adjusted to the new game).

But Kheltick, Faihra, Amniralda, Abu Simbel, Eriodal, Bowrain, Ognaer Doomblade and Miranda will carry on their campaigns regardless of BGEE's release date. It will just be a parallel campaign and a parallel install more when it comes.
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    edited July 2012
    ..dear gods... why in the world would you want to speedrun and miss all the fun byplay and sidequests? I want to see the LONGEST EPIC run time EVAR!!!! challenge. I assume it would be a massive BWP install with every mod out there - which means with some mods not translated you would need to speak English, Spanish, Russian, French, German, Italian, Polish, Whatever the heck Saerileth is written in, Cockney rhyming slang, and Goo (Gozaleth?). It would probably take over a year of regular weekly gameplay to get from Candlekeep to the Final Epilogues.

Now THAT is a real challenge :D
  • kraedkraed Member Posts: 60
    I would recommend uninstalling the game and sitting there with a crazy urge to play the game for a couple of months. When the game is finally released you will get such joy from playing it that you wouldn't otherwise have gotten if you start playing immediately after playing the original release.