Skip to content

I can't get into BG

ZireZire Member Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I have Removed all the pests from the Naskil mines and killed the main villein at the bottom level, destroyed the Bandit camp, Pulled the Plug on their mine... BG is still grayed out so that I cannot enter (or even go there) EVEN though I was told by a "movie" that I should go there next. Also there are no new (purple?) places for me to visit. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Can anyone give me a list of the MINIMUM quests that MUST be completed to enter the gate? Is there a walkthrough somewhere that I can download to be sure that I did everything I needed to in order to enter the Gate? If the movie says to go there, there should be some way to get there...
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    You only need to be in Chapter 5 (which you should be in now since you were able to flood the mine). Go to the bridge map SE of the city and walk towards it from there.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Did you talk to Scar on the bridge?
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    It's supposed to be the next stop after flooding the mines. The gate area is still greyed out?

Sounds like a bug to me.
  • 24jel24jel Member Posts: 71
    You need to explore adjacent areas of course...
  • ZireZire Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Thank you all for your comments.

@sandmanCCL & 24jel Yes, I know it is... but it isn't. See attached map. I must have missed some key areas.

@Luigirlules Can't get to bridge; so no, I did not talk to Scar.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 24jel24jel Member Posts: 71
    You did miss some areas on your way to Baldur's Gate....
  • ZireZire Member Posts: 3
    Thank you all for your comments. I am in the process of moving, so I won't be able to respond or try your suggestions out for a few weeks, but please continue to post if you have any more suggestions... after the dust settles I am going to try to solve this problem.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    The problem is that you have to go north from the Friendly Arm which is a bit odd for an exit.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    yeah just go north from friendly arm inn and you will end up at a farm infested with ankhegs. from the farm, continue north to the bridge area. at the bridge area just cross the bridge. happy gaming! :)