Skip to content

Anyone take Viconia in a more Neutral or Good(ish) party?

I'm just wondering if anyone takes her on if they don't intend to go straight evil.

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I sometimes do, though more often in BG2. I like to have a mixed party now and then. It makes things more interesting and I just reason that members of adventuring parties don't always hold the same allegiances as one another.
  • foster79foster79 Member Posts: 30
    All the time; I almost never play evil but I always bring Viconia along. Best cleric in the game, great stats (well her strength is godawful but she can still wear Ankheg plate even without a strength booster), and her natural magic resistance is awesome. Really the only downside is finding ways to keep your reputation below 18.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited January 2013
    Definetly! I also did this with Dorn on my last playthrough. You do need careful reputation management, but not that serious. Best thing to do is to do a bit of thievery in a house, get caught at the door, try to bribe the Flaming Fist guys, loose 1 rep and immediately make a run for it. And, ofc, never to return to that house again :)

There's also a paladin in an inn or tavern south of the flaming fist compound who would attack Dorn as he sees him. If you kill him, you will loose a LOT (6 or 8 rep), but no-one will turn against you. (I did kill him, since I thought his intent of killing my friend was unjustified)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited January 2013
    Sure. I have in my first BG:EE run (only the final battle remains):

PC - CG multi F/M - Cha 10
    Imoen (NG)
    Viconia (NE)
    Rasaad (LG)
    Neera (CN)
    Dorn (NE)

No problems whatsoever keeping them together. I've kept rep in the middle range.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Senash said:

There's also a paladin in an inn or tavern south of the flaming fist compound who would attack Dorn as he sees him. If you kill him, you will loose a LOT (6 or 8 rep), but no-one will turn against you. (I did kill him, since I thought his intent of killing my friend was unjustified)
    That's true of any evil character, not just Dorn, going back to the Vanilla game.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Senash said:

Definetly! I also did this with Dorn on my last playthrough. You do need careful reputation management, but not that serious. Best thing to do is to do a bit of thievery in a house, get caught at the door, try to bribe the Flaming Fist guys, loose 1 rep and immediately make a run for it. And, ofc, never to return to that house again :)

I think I might just pay a visit there. My neutral character's rep is getting a bit high. lol
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    I kind of cheat the roleplaying side of taking Viconia, because I take her in good/neutral parties with the prior knowledge and reasoning of the events of Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Usually I play a neutral character and don't have problems having evil NPCs in my party. I do have some good characters so balance has been achieved.
  • Infern0Infern0 Member Posts: 44
    I usually take her, mostly because she's my favorite female to interact with in BG:2 so I suppose its an emotional attatchment
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited January 2013
    I do and I play very chaotic goodish almost always. I don't play "evil" or "good" parties though, I think it's kinda dumb even. I take along the companions I like first, then sort by function second. Not like it's hard keeping her either, just dump her when reputation hits 19, then re-hire her so it goes back to 18, problem solved :)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I take Viconia in a good party... in any game that I intend to eventually romance her. And if I don't mind fighting with her about my high reputation I'll take her over Branwen.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    U can also force her to wear a helm if alignment change so she won't leave. This can be obtained in a challenging manner in durlags tower or simply ported in via console
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    How DO you get that helm?
  • MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    CaptRory said:

How DO you get that helm?

The Demon Knight in Durlag's Tower. Paralyze him then go to town.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    My current party

Sorcerer CG -PC
    Imoen NG
    Dorn NE
    Neera CN
    Rassad LG
    Viconia NE

I kill flaming fist and drizzt to maintain my reputation (so to speak) and occasionally kill some innocent bystanders.
    What sucks is that I don't get good discounts at the store...
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i had her for a long while in my "faith" party (all clerics/paladins/monks etc)

but then i swapped her for yeslick

i think she's dead now, face down in a flooded mine