Skip to content

Issue with Ring of Free Action/Boots of Speed on game loading

mikecourseymikecoursey Member Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in Fixed
I'm going off of memory but I think this was a bug from both BG1 and BG2. If you have both the Ring of Free Action and Boots of Speed equipped on a character when you load the game the speed goes away until you unequip the Ring of Free Action first then unequip the Boots of Speed then re-equip the Boots of Speed then Ring of Free Action.

I haven't verified if this also occurs with other items that give the character the Free Action effect either (e.g. Spider's Bane or Flail of Ages).

Current behavior: When loading a game with a character that has both a Ring of Free Action and Boots of Speed equipped only the Free Action effect is active. Must unequip and re-equip Ring of Free Action and Boots of Speed to have both Free Action and "double movement" effect.

Expected behavior: When the game loads a character with both Boots of Speed and Ring of Free Action (or any item that has a Free Action effect) will have both effects active after the game reloads.
Post edited by AndreaColombo on

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I believe this has already been fixed (like, three times or something).

If @CamDawg confirms, I'll move this to Fixed.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yep, this should be in the next patch. However, the proper behavior is that the ring always cancels the boots--that the boots work sometimes is the bug.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2013
    Speaking of Ring of Free action, Serevok wears one yet I am able to catch him in Web.

*edit* I now see it has it's on properties, my mistake.
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Sarevok doesn't wear a RoFA, he wears one of the mageXX series rings, which confer various abilities to simulate buffs. Many of them use leftover strings from whatever item they were copied from, since they're not obtainable by the party.