Skip to content

EE Edwin questions

This is the first time I play BG EE, did some research and I'm getting different answers.
I was hoping to get some clarity on theses forums.

-Got Edwin into party and then went to Nashkel mines to do the quest. I know that he is supposed to leave the party if you don't complete his quest in the gnoll stronghold. His Quest is not showing in my journal anymore, any reasons why? Too high reputation (15 or 16 right now). Can you still go and attempt to kill Dynaheir without the quest? Will he stay?

-Will he leave if your reputation is too high? Is the cutoff 18? If he leaves can you convince his to stay?

-Unrelated question, can you find Xan after you reject him in the mines? :) THANKS guys!

Comments

• jcdenton11jcdenton11 Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2013
    Xan is gone if you reject him outright. You can accept him and remove him immediately and he should stay where you found him. Edwin will leave like the other evil NPCs if your rep gets too high, 18 may be the right number, an easy way to lose a couple of points is to steal from random houses in front of the owner and leave before the flaming fists turn hostile. I'm not sure about the first question however, it could be a journal bug, I'd try going to the stronghold to see if she is there right away to ensure Edwin doesn't get cranky and leave.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013
    Evil NPCs leave if you go above 18 reputation.
  • ZuttiZutti Member Posts: 94

-Got Edwin into party and then went to Nashkel mines to do the quest. I know that he is supposed to leave the party if you don't complete his quest in the gnoll stronghold. His Quest is not showing in my journal anymore, any reasons why?

The journal has tabs for each chapter. If you completed the Nashkel mines, you are now in chapter 3. Explore your journal a bit and you should be able to tab back to chapter 2, where the quest originated.
  • icanbuttryicanbuttry Member Posts: 1
    Zutti said:

-Got Edwin into party and then went to Nashkel mines to do the quest. I know that he is supposed to leave the party if you don't complete his quest in the gnoll stronghold. His Quest is not showing in my journal anymore, any reasons
    why?

The journal has tabs for each chapter. If you completed the Nashkel mines, you are now in chapter 3. Explore your journal a bit and you should be able to tab back to chapter 2, where the quest originated.
    Very Nice!

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    He won't leave if you go to Nashkell before doing his quest. You just shouldn't take too much time. I had him leave twice while being in the Gnoll Stronghold, basically 5 steps away from completing it, in the middle of a battle. Which got him killed. INT 18, yeah, sure.
    What I'm saying is - it's not enough to go to the map or in the direction, you need to complete the quest. Until the witch is dead, he can still leave if the timer runs out.