Skip to content

Will Dorn leave my team for having a good reputation?

In BG2 most of the evil characters leave the group at some point, once they have reputation 17+. Will that happen in BG:EE ?

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Evil NPCs only dip out at 19+ reputation in either game.

As for Dorn, when I reached 19 rep he actually just acted like I had manually removed him from the party, and I had the "nevermind" dialogue option to keep him around. I assume this was a bug or an oversight, though, and it may be fixed by now.
  • JasiekJasiek Member Posts: 30
    Then I will count it as "probably yes". Many thanks for the answer, and merry christmas :)
  • jcdenton11jcdenton11 Member Posts: 20
    Dorn will leave when your rep goes too high, I've had a bug after that happens to my group when I load a game upon loading that he'll act as if I'm asking him to leave since I lowered my rep and got him back in my party.
  • j0ker11j0ker11 Member Posts: 9
    how do i lower my rep?

• valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited January 2013
    getting caught while stealing..killing some random ppl; the latter penalty depends on your current reputation.
    edit: http://stane0.tripod.com/BG1Tables.html - lower part of the page..the values should still be the same, as getting the rep higher via donation uses also this tables. (BG2 amount of gold is different)

About the leaving: I think if you can manage to get an evil NPC to join your party, while your rep is already 20 (and that needs a decent CHA score as well) they won't leave. The trigger is only the change to the reputation, that causes them to go bye-bye.

That's from various BG2 discussion, but never bothered to confirm it myself. At least Viconia (BG2) is tricky as you'll get a penalty hit with her joining afair.
  • j0ker11j0ker11 Member Posts: 9
    thank u :)
    very helpfull table(s)