Skip to content

Dorn and Shar-Teel

CrabpawsCrabpaws Member Posts: 3
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
So,

Playing through the game with an Evil party. Currently Rep goes between 3-7.
My character is a male Elf, Fighter/Thief. Base charisma of 14(+2 Nymph's Cloak).
Party consists of: Dorn, Kagain, Shar-Teel, Viconia and Edwin.

I originally aimed to either romance Shar-Teel or Viconia. This is not happening thus far. Neither is any other dialogue for that matter with any other party member, apart from Dorn.

The only reaction I get is when I use the chat function on Shar-Teel, but then the "Fight" chat with Dorn is the only thing triggering - which it does over and over again. Nothing happens and I can repeat.
I originally looked at old BG1 prerequisites for the Shar-Teel romance and I fulfill them all. Thus I wonder if the (I assume) fight *supposed* to happen between Dorn and Shar-Teel blocks for a romance?

I've downloaded both Near Infinity and Shadowkeeper, but unable to trigger any romance (also unsure what to actually alter in the respective programs).

The only romance I could register with Shadowkeeper was Dorn's.. which is not much.. apart from.. rough love(?).
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    None of the orginal BG1 characters are romance-able. They also have next to no character banters, either with the PC or other NPCs. It's only in BG2 that NPCs got fleshed out a lot more with regards to romance and banters. I'm not sure where you got the information for the requirements for romancing Shar-Teel, I can only assume that it's from a readme or guide related to a mod.
  • CrabpawsCrabpaws Member Posts: 3
    Oh, snap. I understood that the romances from Tutu(?) and such had been incorporated.

Thanks!
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Let's hope that the BG1 NPC Mod get updated to work with BGEE soon. It's sorely missed.
    SwordsNotWords
  • KingGhidorahKingGhidorah Member Posts: 201
    Nope... the romances from the Tutu BG1NPC mod (Shar-Teel, Dynahier and Branwen) are NOT incorporated in BG:EE, though like above poster said it's in progress of being rewritten for EE.
  • CrabpawsCrabpaws Member Posts: 3
    hook71 said:

Let's hope that the BG1 NPC Mod get updated to work with BGEE soon. It's sorely missed.

I can only agree. It's one of the aspects I really enjoyed with BG2.

SwordsNotWords