Skip to content

[BG3] include Tarrasque

It's about time the bhaal spawn got to meet the Tarrasque. Anyone else?

Comments

• thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Has that thing been in a video game yet? I remember seeing it in the monster manual and thinking it was pretty fearsome. Mind sharing the stats if anyone has them close by?
  • Knuckles217Knuckles217 Member Posts: 5
    oh man, the 3rd edition one was way tougher...
    The_New_Romance
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    KRIE KRIE!!
    PantalionThe_New_RomanceMichail
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Too soon for such a request. First we have to be sure that BG3 is coming. For now, Overhaul is rolling BG2 I believe.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    I say bring the Tarrasque in BG2.. there are several ways to kill one even if you are at 13th level (and below) ;P .. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dkb1/dnd/tarrasque.txt
    DinsdalePiranha
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I've never touched PnP D&D, and even I've heard legend of the notoriously powerful Tarrasque.

I'd love to see more absurdly powerful optional conquests added to either BG2 or BG3. Demogorgon was possibly my favorite fight of the series, and it was disappointing that it was all downhill from there in terms of difficulty.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I don't think it should be included. As a side quest it makes no sense because you would pretty much be required to take it on to avoid the annihilation of the setting. As a main quest; where does it fit into the story? It's a giant marginally-intelligent animal. Too dumb to be the antagonist, too strong to be a henchman, too unpredictable to be manipulated.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    I'm not sure whether the foe should be the Tarrasque per se, but one thing I would love for BG2:EE and BG: 3 would be the addition of short quest chains leading up to special challenge bosses like the Tarrasque or a rival adventuring party.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I read somewhere that there is a spell that cast spirits which stay underground. They can attack the Tarrasque, but he cannot attack them back.

... something like that.
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80

Has that thing been in a video game yet? I remember seeing it in the monster manual and thinking it was pretty fearsome. Mind sharing the stats if anyone has them close by?

There was one at the end of Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager. However it was not nearly as strong (or as big) as it should have been per the rules. They needed to weaken it significantly since the level cap is only 15.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member Posts: 3
    I think this was mentioned in an interview back when BG2 was first released. The developers said something along the lines of Tarrasque being to large of a creature to include, as players would only be able to see its foot while they attacked.
    The_New_Romance
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    One thought is that the Antagonist of BG3 plans to summon the Tarrasque and the plot is to stop him before he is able to bring that destruction to the world.
  • RussellRussell Member Posts: 8
    Second. It would be an Easter-egg sort of epic encounter. Have the protagonist's divinity somehow stripped from them (again) and, being cast back down to Wherever-the-Hell in mortal form, finally come upon a herd of rampaging Tarrasques. Or, failing that, they could at least encounter *one*. That doesn't seem like too much to ask.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    Kurumi said:

I say bring the Tarrasque in BG2.. there are several ways to kill one even if you are at 13th level (and below) ;P .. http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dkb1/dnd/tarrasque.txt

I just spent half an hour reading about how to kill the most overpowered creature in the most twisted/munchkin ways possible. and it was *awesome*.

though I'm yet to find anything in D&D that sufficient amounts of water can't dispatch, either by drowning, or by... "splashing". and I don't mean the water.