Skip to content

A request for all mod makers

Hi!

I'm currently running the BG2 tweaks and the Rogue Rebalancing Beta. They are both great, but with the current rate of game updates I find myself uninstalling and re-installing them a lot :)

Would it be possible to add two options to the setup-scripts. One that uninstalls all the installed components, and another that re-installs them. Would make things a bit easier.

Thoughts?

Comments

• thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    The mods never get screwed up when I update. I use the normal installer(not Beamdog) I place them in the override folder, and they stay there and work.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @OlleDenStore, I'm writing a program that can be used to uninstall/reinstall all mods automatically. The core functionality is all there, and works fine on my system. I'll compile and shoot you a PM in the next day or two with an alpha version.

@thedemoninside, I have had problems with the updates overwriting my dialog.tlk, which does mess up mod content.
  • OlleDenStoreOlleDenStore Member Posts: 43
    Sam_ said:

@OlleDenStore, I'm writing a program that can be used to uninstall/reinstall all mods automatically. The core functionality is all there, and works fine on my system. I'll compile and shoot you a PM in the next day or two with an alpha version.

@thedemoninside, I have had problems with the updates overwriting my dialog.tlk, which does mess up mod content.

Great! Looking forward to it.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    this could be a great tool indeed ! Mods like BG 2 TP are a pain in the ass to reinstall each time due to the number of options available !

And yes, each time a patch goes live, some dialog.tlk change messes up some things like object description or worst ^^
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    Introducing the official release of PS WeiDU (Un)Installer v0.01