Skip to content

Did i get something wrong or....

gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
#bgee is only Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast + Black Pits + Rassad + Dorn + Neera on PC\Mac

Maybe Trent left something out, but wasn't there supposed to be an additional adventure, fitting into the Bhaalspawn saga?

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    Yeah supposed to be also an "Adventure Y" as far as we know...

** which supposed to be bhaal spawn story related
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Yeah, id like some clarifiacation on this as well. Unless this one wont be ready for the release date, which would be unfortunate.
    edited July 2012
    @geselle
    @Excalibur_2102

The best of Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster :)
    Tweeter said:

12 May Trent Oster Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Adventure X is going to be standalone. Keep your ears peeled for Adventure Y, which is intimately linked to the Bhallspawn storyline

Tweeter said:

12 May Trent Oster Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

Adventure X is a side adventure, while Adventure Y is an optional storyline piece in the Bhallspawn series

Tweeter said:

23 May Sam Hulick ‏@SamHulick

Listening to the #BGEE Adventure Y main theme on repeat while doing paperwork. Never has something so mundane felt so heroic & adventurous.

Trent Oster Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@ SamHulick I do the same. It can become a liability when the #bgee Adventure Y theme is going hard and you are trying to do contracts.

:-)

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    thanks for that... Still, id have thought wed have heard something about it with the big announcement on thursday. And Geselle's quoted tweet indicates "Adventure Y" wont be in release.
    I get your point... than again why he said "Keep your ears peeled for Adventure Y"??

It is possible that the adventure will be a post release, I wish that one of the devs will shed some light on this topic
  • kraedkraed Member Posts: 60
    edited July 2012
    I was under the impression it wasn't mentioned because they haven't finished it yet. It's unannounced rather than forgotten.

edit: nm beaten to it hehe
    edited July 2012
    " What plans, if any, do you have to add any content to the game for this new edition in terms of new adventures, characters and gameplay?

We have plans within plans in this area. So far we have announced one new potential party member. He comes with a class which is new to Baldur's Gate and a story-based adventure which integrates into the existing Baldur's Gate story. We've also announced a new adventure which exists outside the Bhaalspawn story and should be a lot of fun to play."
    Trent Clearly said here that the BG:EE will include story-based adventure - I believe like kraed said thats it is just yet to be announced, just like the other 2 npcs not been announced till 2 days ago..

I think this topic should be up untill will get some answers regarding "Adventure Y" Trent talked about.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited July 2012
    Ohhhh Adventure Y.
    Looking forward to the announcement :O)

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I wouldn't mind if Adventure Y got more time to be polished and was released post-release. Question is though : Free update or DLC? Well, for fighting piracy, I think the foremost would be the best option to make people go "LEMME BUY GAME!". I don't know. Either way, even if it IS released with the game, I am happy, even if I had to spend an extra 5 or something dollars.

I swear I would pay 80 dollars for something as ridiculous as "Noober extended cut". I would! XD
    edited July 2012

I wouldn't mind if Adventure Y got more time to be polished and was released post-release. Question is though : Free update or DLC? Well, for fighting piracy, I think the foremost would be the best option to make people go "LEMME BUY GAME!". I don't know. Either way, even if it IS released with the game, I am happy, even if I had to spend an extra 5 or something dollars.

I swear I would pay 80 dollars for something as ridiculous as "Noober extended cut". I would! XD

I think it should released at the release date and not as DLC. First it will shut-up the critics that say that BG:EE deliver only 3 npcs and stand a alone adventure. Second if it will be Paid DLC it will just feel wrong - another un-finished game that you buy at pieces, I dont want to believe that this is the case though...

• Chromatic5Chromatic5 Member Posts: 30
    I'm really looking forward to expanding the bhaalspawn story. I could care less if adventure y is paid dlc, however I hope it is released at the same time as launch.

BG is massive and I really don't see myself being able to play through it twice, once at launch and once when adventure y is released.

Unless adventure y falls after the conclusion of BGEE and I can import my character into it, and then upon completion into bg2ee. I'd be fine with that.

Cant wait to play!