Skip to content

Spell Sequencers

it's been a while since i've played bg2 and i can't remember if it's possible to store a minor sequencer, a Sequencer and a spell trigger at the same time.

I'm creating a Sorcerer at the moment and want to know if i could skip the minor sequencer or not...

Comments

• TinterTinter Member Posts: 152
    It is indeed possible to store all the different types at the same time.
  • EstarriolEstarriol Member Posts: 22
    Thanks!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Tinter said:

It is indeed possible to store all the different types at the same time.

What he said. Also, don't forget about a contingency and chain contingency too :p

• EstarriolEstarriol Member Posts: 22
    yeah, that's mentioned in the spell driscription but thanks!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    edited January 2013
    While we're on the topic of sequencers, is there a mod or a script or something out there that will help you remember what you put into your sequencers/triggers?
  • BlueSorceressBlueSorceress Member Posts: 84
    Here's another question for everyone while you're at it: what spells do you typically put into a sequencer/contingency - buffing, defensive or offensive?
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    edited January 2013
    Offensive, I can prep long duration defenses any time I want, and since the game is party based casters are rarely in a position to eat the initial brunt of an attack. I really like throwing three lower resistances at a time at high MR boss type enemies and then following with spells that will drop them quickly once that defense it gone for instance.
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    edited January 2013
    Flashburn said:

While we're on the topic of sequencers, is there a mod or a script or something out there that will help you remember what you put into your sequencers/triggers?

http://www.gibberlings3.net/cirerrek/seqmem.php

I was told years ago that an exact way to determine what is in your triggers, etc. would require game engine modification...so that's probably up to beamdog if they're going to implement that. Wish they would personally...I'm always forgetting what I put in mine... :O

From the ToB manual:

"Contingencies and Spell Triggers Screen
    You can use this screen to see the details of spells such as Contingency and Spell Trigger
    that your Mage and Sorcerer characters have active. If you wish to dismiss your character’s
    Contingency spell before it is cast, you can do that here. To access this screen, press the
    Contingency button in the character’s spellbook."

Still looking for that button...haven't found it yet... ;)
    Post edited by JTM on
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Here is a combo that will kill almost all monsters/bosses:

-Immediately when monsters turn hostile, hit pause button.
    -Spell Trigger: Lower Resistance x3 (at lvl 20, reduce enemy MR by 90%)
    -Chain Contingency: Horrid Wilting x3 (nearest enemy when enemy sighted)
    -Boss dies before it can react

This works because 100% of the time for me the contingency seems to have a small delay.

-The above combo doesnt work on Ravager and Demogorgon because they are immune to Lower Resistance.
    -Use Spell Trigger: Pierce Magic x3 and Chain Contingency: Pierce Magicx2, Power Word Blind @ nearest enemy when enemy sighted (at lvl 20, reduce enemy MR by 100%).
    -Casts Timestop, 1) Horrid Wilting, 2) Chain Contingency: Horrid Wiltingx3 @ nearest enemy when self=helpless, 3) Release Spell Sequencer: Skull Trapx3
    -Project Image (releases all 3 Horrid Wilting at once)
    -Ravager and Demogorgon: Death
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @bbear

Wasn't the Demogorgon immune to timestop?
    yea but Demogorgon and the Ravager's minions are not.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Ah, I just remember casting it so I wasn't able to use the rest of my party, as the Demogorgon proceded to kill my frozen party members. Worst ever.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    One of my personal faves is 3x project image on condition: helpless. Cast project image and it triggers the contingency, giving you four images. Have them cast Spell Immunity: Divination and Abjuration and you're good to go. You can get up to some serious shenanigans with four images.

Stacking chaos shield/improved chaos shield in the appropriate sequencer is awesome for a wildmage, as it effectively makes you into a sorcerer with alacrity. As long as you also have limited wish in your spellbook, you can keep it up indefinitely.

It's a good choice offensively. But be careful of enemy area attack. As soon as your original image is attacked (area attack), all 4 images disappear.

Another combo I can think of is spell trigger: sunfirex3. It's nice because it ignores MR.