Skip to content

Complete list of weapons with cold iron ability vs. werewolves? (spoilers)

Hi - does anyone know the complete list of weapons which have the "cold iron" ability which can damage greater werewolves etc.? So far I've identified the following in Near Infinity, though I'm not sure if all are actually present in the game:

Flame Tongue - The Burning Earth Long Sword +1 / Special: +2 vs. regenerating creatures, +3 vs. cold-using creatures, +4 vs. undead
SW1H24.ITM

Sword of Balduran +4 vs. Lycanthropes
comps18.ITM and SW1H18.ITM

Kondar +1 Bastard Sword / +3 vs. Shape Shifters
comps03.ITM and SW1H03.ITM

Dagger Werebane +1 (is this in-game?)
DAGG09.ITM

Any others?

Also these spells are listed as having the "cold iron" ability (there may be others):

Cause Serious Wounds

Shocking Grasp (though mutliple items list for this, some have "cold iron" ability, some don't)

Slay Living

Cold Iron

Also the new:

Bastard Sword +1 Albruin

Has "Silver" as a property, but not "cold iron". I'm not sure what the "silver" property does, does anyone know? Thanks!

Comments

• DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2013
    Silver means it will hit GWW but not loup garou

Werebane is in the shipwreck on werewolf isle, iirc

EDIT: Verified. 2nd floor, northeast chest, trapped with lightning.
  • HempoHempo Member Posts: 12
    I'd never guessed that the flame tongue was actually cold!
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Sword of Baluran's on the top floor of the shipwreck on the werewolf isle, behind Karoug. Think it's in a locked, trapped desk.

Flame tongue is on one of the bottom levels of Durlag's tower.

Kondar's available if you kill/pickpocket Aldeth Sashenstar in Cloakwood map 1, and again as a quest reward from him in Baldur's Gate near the flaming fist hq if he survives. If you pickpocket him, save him then do his quest you can get 2.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Unfortunately BGEE closed the loop hole regarding Aldeth... No more pick-pocketting that bastard sword...
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    There is a a Kondar in Ulghoth's Beard too.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Where is this one?

Bastard Sword +1 Albruin
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Albruin's from Dorn's questline. Finish it up and you now get a bonanza of magical goodies.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Sombody could test melf's meteors? They can usually demage anything...
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    edited January 2013
    What do you do if you can only use blunt weapons? What about flame blade? Or spiritual hammer?
  • Ligg said:

What do you do if you can only use blunt weapons? What about flame blade? Or spiritual hammer?

You can try to pile on enough damage fast enough to overwhelm the regeneration. Magic Missile spam can work, if you bring a couple mages with spell slots full of them.
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2013
    @ankheg
    Unfortunately EE changes the extra Kondar to a plain ol' +1 bastard sword