Skip to content

How Do You Remove Party Members?

I have been searching this question all over the Internet. I need to know what keys on the keyboard and/or buttons on the mouse that are pressed in order to remove a party member. Everyone seems to take this all for granted and it's very frustrating when you don't know how. I have searched the manuals provided with my game. No joy.

It's kind of bizarre. I'm a veteran playing Icewind Dale, but a total novice on Baldur's Gate (Enhanced Edition). Playing on Windows 7 Home (and BG is completely unpatched). I will be sooo grateful when this gets answered!

Comments

• valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Hotkey should be R or character record-screen -> reform party
  • BooditoBoodito Member Posts: 3
    Don't know specifically about Windows version but it is normally done from the character screen (where you see the different stats for a selected character). There is a button that says "Reform Party". Click that and then highlight the portrait of the person you want removed. Keep in mind that some party members go in pairs so if you get rid of one you also get rid of the other.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    1) Click the button that mentions reforming you party (character sheet screen, the one w/ the stats+portrait).
    2) Select which character(s) you want to evict and hit the button.
    3)???
    4)Profit
  • IceFemIceFem Member Posts: 1
    Thanks soooo much for the on-point replies! One of my party members died at the beginning of the game. They've been running around with this dead person still in the group. It was Jaheira, when we were jumped by a bunch of hobgoblins. So, I might lose Khalid? I remember how he screamed when she died. They were husband and wife. Whoops! I'll let you know if he leaves. Thanks again! Good board here and nice people. :)
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    If one of a pair's NPC is dead, that's one of 2 possibilities to separate them.
    The other is to send in 1 into a house, close the door and reform the party :P

But why don't you raise her or do you just don't like her and left her dead? (or reloaded...)
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    valky said:

If one of a pair's NPC is dead, that's one of 2 possibilities to separate them.
    The other is to send in 1 into a house, close the door and reform the party :P

But why don't you raise her or do you just don't like her and left her dead? (or reloaded...)

I've never tried this before, good idea :)