Skip to content

Apply the game updates?

nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
I have a few mods installed. The game is generally going well, I was wondering if I install the game patch updates (for example a new one just came out today) will I need to reinstall those mods or will the mods just continue to work even after the update? Thanks

Comments

• VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    It works well, in my experience... The path modifies the "base" files (those that are packed) not the override folder... However, if they fixed something that is linked with anyone of your mods, the fix will NOT be applied (since the file in the override folder is based on the "old" version).
  • NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    In my case all the text from the mods were either completely missing or replaced by random text from the patch. After reinstalling the mods everything worked as intended except that the two npcs I was using had their names changed to random text permanently. I was annoyed by this and started a new game and now everything works perfectly.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    edited January 2013
    Ah, yes... If the mods were targeting specific areas of the dialog.tlk file (that usually changes when a patch comes), I can understand... But, that's a file some mods use (but I don't use enough of them anyway!)
    P.S. Seems I was wrong... The more I advanced in the game, the more text were missing... I just reram my mods and everything worked fine)
    Post edited by Vortaka on