Skip to content

[Mod Request] Number of Attacks Cap

IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
I usually play as a mage, I'm not so sure if the attacks per round cap is 5...but I'm almost sure it is. Is there any way to remove the said cap? I know there are ways to increase beyond 5 - through Energy Blades, Whirlwind HLA, and Improved Haste...so it must be doable.

Comments

• KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    If there is a cap, things like Whirlwind Attack break it since you attack 10 times with it for 1 turn.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Exactly, that's why I think it's doable to increase the cap.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Whirlwind is essentially setting attack per round to 5 then applying improved haste.
    edited January 2013
    That's insightful, thanks. However, it doesn't prove that can't be done. I don't know how improved haste is done technically, but if there's 5-10 attacks per round through improved haste...then that must mean you can have just that also without the said spell (by normal means, i.e. no cap).
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Improved Haste essentially cuts the duration of your rounds to 3 seconds (complete with 2 autopauses and ultra-rapid animations). There is no other way to get more than 5 APR.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    @fredamora whirlwind attack actually uses special "haste 2" code (317) which is different from both haste and improved haste....
    @Wisp @leeho730
    Thanks a lot. So in short, it is almost impossible in modding?