Skip to content

Clay Golem bug i Black Pits

MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Hi!

I got to the fight with the Clay Golems and managed to kill the Mound and one Golem. At that point my main character (which only had two blades) was the most injured. I tried to move him out of the way but all the other four Golems continued chasing after him because he was the most injured. Bloody ridiculous! I had three other characters with melee weapons trying to chase after one of the Golems so they could kill it. It is completely illogical for an opponent to chase after ONE given character when there are three other characters hammering away at them.
Imagine you are fighting three people in a room. Are you then going to avoid them just so you can fight a fourth person on the other side of the room?
This has to be fixed (i.e. the opponents have to become more logical!!!

/J

Ps. Otherwise the Black Pits is a great little spinoff! Ds.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    MrSexton said:

Hi!

I got to the fight with the Clay Golems and managed to kill the Mound and one Golem. At that point my main character (which only had two blades) was the most injured. I tried to move him out of the way but all the other four Golems continued chasing after him because he was the most injured. Bloody ridiculous! I had three other characters with melee weapons trying to chase after one of the Golems so they could kill it. It is completely illogical for an opponent to chase after ONE given character when there are three other characters hammering away at them.
    Imagine you are fighting three people in a room. Are you then going to avoid them just so you can fight a fourth person on the other side of the room?
    This has to be fixed (i.e. the opponents have to become more logical!!!

/J

Ps. Otherwise the Black Pits is a great little spinoff! Ds.

Golems aren't the most logical beings so I would say that having them chasing the one target that they started to bash is rather logical - for a golem.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Logical or not - that particular bout took ages and just generally pissed me off. It's wasn't a hard fight - it just took bloody ages! Boring!!!
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, I think it is a brilliant AI for a golem: lock on target then beat it until it moves.
    I guess, my advice: Bring more potions and pull with a stronger tank.
    You can also pull the golems in a corner, then let your hero lay down to rest a bit.
    Dying is not permanent in the pits.
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    MrSexton said:

...my main character (which only had two blades) was the most injured. I tried to move him out of the way but all the other four Golems continued chasing after him because he was the most injured. Bloody ridiculous!...

Not ridiculous at all. in fact it's very good AI. I use a similar tactic all the time. Cull the weaker enemies and ignore the healthy ones till later. This is because even a weak, low HP enemy, can hit or spell you for damage. Sometimes quite substantial. Smart Golems imo.

That being said, I usually run a hasted party with blunt magical weapons (enchanted weapon spell), concentrate efforts on one or two enemies only at a time... it makes fairly short work of the clay golems.