Skip to content

Should Dorn get special summons?

I was looking at Dorn's art from the game's own store and it made me wish he could have his own special undead summons. I'm not meaning they should change the Blackguard kit to have special summons, rather that it should be unique to Dorn (you could argue it's a unique feature because of his 'patron').

I was thinking that as you progress through Dorn's quest (or maybe at the end) it would be nice if Dorn could acquire an undead summon of those fallen opponents (or maybe just Simmeon).

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Being evil and having the turn undead ability allows Dorn to control undead. That's what I think of when I see the skeletons in the portrait.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    It sounds cool enough, but isn't Dorn already a fricken beast?
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    1130210 said:

It sounds cool enough, but isn't Dorn already a fricken beast?

Yeah he is. He has a weapon that is basically +2 early game 19 Strength and will most likely be a way better fighter than anyone else for a long time. Especially for a beginner without a powergaming main char.

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    He'll eventually get the ability to cast animate dead, in the sequel. It's a 3rd level spell for clerics/paladins, so he'd get his first cast at lvl 13 (which due to the bugged caster level progression, would cast at lvl 13 instead of level 5, like it's supposed). He can also rebuke and command as a evil cleric 2 levels lower, so he'll also be able to dominate some of the weaker undead.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to give all blackguards a once per day cast of animate dead at level 8.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I expected that Dorn and any Blackguard would have access to animate dead, but what I'm suggesting is a version of that spell unique to him. I would like to see Dorn able to resurrect unique undead creatures based on his fallen opponents from his personal quest.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I'm expecting him to receive more unique abilities in the sequel. After all, he clearly did some sort of soul-ripping move on one of the bandits when you first recruit him, and there are repeated references to secret powers at his command in his dialogues. At least, I assumed they were in reference to more than his life-drain and weapon poison...