Skip to content

[mod] Restore missile weapons' attack per round to before patch 6

leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
edited January 2013 in General Modding
For those who don't like the missile ApR bug introduced by patch 6... This small mod should fix the issue until patch 7 comes out.

Please download missile_APR_pre_patch6.zip file below and unzip to override folder located at [BGEE main folder]\Data\0766\override.

missile_APR_pre_patch6.zip
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4xflxrrgSrwRVJWZXhSMDcxSEk/edit

What this mod does:
1) Like before the patch 6, bows add +1 to APR, affected by other APR bonuses.
2) Crossbows and slings have no APR bonus, affected by other APR bonuses. Light crossbow of speed +1 adds +1 to APR.
3) Darts have +2 APR bonus so base APR of 3, affected by other APR bonuses.
4) Throwing daggers have +1 APR bonus, affected by other APR bonuses.
5) Throwing axes are unchanged.
Post edited by leeho730 on

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @leeho730

Thank you! I will try this out tonight.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    @Wilbur

Thanks, please let me know if any missile weapons have missed out. I've tried to cover every (non-mod) missile weapons but i might have missed some.
    leeho730 said:

@Wilbur

Thanks, please let me know if any missile weapons have missed out. I've tried to cover every (non-mod) missile weapons but i might have missed some.

I will do that. I just quickly tried that a longbow is working like it was pre patch 6.

• qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    wheres the overide folder at i looked in documents and program 86?
    @qwert_44643

At program 86.

wheres the overide folder at i looked in documents and program 86?

You have to create the override folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\ if you installed the game using standalone installer
    and to C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\ if you installed the game via Beamdog client.
    ok i have the stand alone installer.
    i have a question if a patch is released that fixs the problem how do you remove the mod without breaking anything?I had to create the override folder.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2013

i have a question if a patch is released that fixs the problem how do you remove the mod without breaking anything?I had to create the override folder.

If you had to create the override folder, I'm guessing that you have no other mods installed, so if you want to uninstall this mod when the next patch comes out just delete the contents of your override folder (or delete the folder itself) prior to installing the patch.
    Or delete everything in override folder except for ELMIN.BCS...
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @qwert_44643 That is the problem with override mods... they don't play nice with the game or other mods. You can just delete your whole override and let the game update do the rest when it becomes available.
  • pakbgeepakbgee Member Posts: 31
    Thanks! will try this out when I get home.