Skip to content

Bug in the list of scripts

SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
When I go to choose a script, the one above Standard attack usually gets replaced or there's a script added which isn't a script. It looks a piece of text from some dialogue somewhere. Right now above Standard Attack it starts with "oh COME on! I hope you're satisfied. Look at...." Before the patch it was the biography of the character now its this.
This seems to occur when I import a character. I think I've uninstalled all mods and tried it without and still getting this behaviour. I've also tried repairing the game but didn't change it.

Anyone else had this issue? Might it be something to do with the dialogue file?

Edit: Seems the bug occurs even just creating a character

Comments

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Sounds like one of your mods replaced the "none.bcs" with with a string name. Look in your scripts folder and see if you have that script. I have seen this before with some mods. Its not a game bug so much as a mod bug.

I would suggest that you backup your dialog.tlk on the next update. Make a copy of it somewhere so you can go clean when changing out mods in the future. Force the update to give you a clean copy by moving it out when an update it available.

What mods are you running btw? Might be able to nail it down for future ref.
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2013
    Well I've currently deleted the whole BG:EE and going to redownload it so that I have a fresh clean copy. I had BG2 Tweaks Ver 11 and BGEE Classic Movies mod

Also I could still select None script. It seems to add that script between None and Standard Attack
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    that is very strange. you must still have some corruption somewhere. I must have something to do with BG2 Tweaks ver 11.

Will flag @CamDawg to take a look at this. Its not a BGEE bug though... but hopefully it can get resolved for you. It probably doesnt hurt anything, but it can be annoying to see random text for sure.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Nah, this sounds like a messed up scrpdesc.2da--the game pulls those names and descriptions from the strrefs listed in this 2da file.

Do you have a scrpdesc.2da in your override folder?
  • FyodorFyodor Member Posts: 8
    i have had the same problem with copies of the biography replacing about half of the scripts and i have no mods installed

its only happened to some of my games tho and i can create characters without the bug tho if i make a team for the black pits and 1 has this bug they all end up with it