Skip to content

Hiding UI Elements in Background Bug

ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I'm trying to create an immersive mod that offers transparent backgrounds. Upon doing so I found that background UI elements are hiding in the background when you open a screen such as inventory. The UI elements that are hiding are: gui10bkmd.mos, gu10bkls.mos, and gu10bkrs.mos. I have made: bgpadb.mos, bgpadr.mos, and dbgpadl.mos transparent for this mod. This only happens when using non-scaled settings.

I understand that this is not a bug that most people will encounter but for the modding community its a bug that is preventing mods like this one from working properly. These UI elements that show up after making the background transparent are not needed and simply need to be hidden from view.

The developers have a few other UI bugs that have been reported and I was hoping we could add this one also since they will be addressing others similar to this.

@jalily - could you help with reporting this?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Registered.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @Jalily - Thank you!
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    Beamdog, please help in fixing this bug. This might be a major breakthrough in the UI. Something worth buying BGEE!

Thanks!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited January 2013
    Good job on the transparent background! Hopefully the fix isn't too difficult.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    You got to look at the newest pictures on Archaics Thread, they are freaking fantastic. This bug though is making trouble... Please help! .-)