Skip to content

is the character creation system the same

darquandarquan Member Posts: 1
edited January 2013 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hi, can someone tell me if there are data tables for BG EE like there are for BG?

Also is there a mod that balances the classes and character creation? I want to play multiplayer with a friend...

And are the different levels of required experience for the different character classes meant to be the balance? such as 600,000 at level 10 for rangers and paladins but only 160,000 at level 10 for bards and theives!

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    1. If by "data tables" you mean say tables over EXP needed for levels and such, I believe they would be the same as for old BG2. Otherwise, you have to be a bit more specific of what you mean.

2. Not yet that I know of.

3. Yes, they're there to balance the classes.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,151
    Part of the way AD&D works is the idea that all classes are not created equal, but those classes with more powerful skills require more experience to master. So yeah, thieves advance up the ranks faster, but they gain less actual power for each level.
    That's all part of the decision making when you choose a class, if you want a powerful mage or paladin you'll have to be more patient to develop the character.