Skip to content

Multiplayer post Game Update 6

AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
So far I've only been running 2 player games since the last patch, but I was hoping someone could provide information on the stability of 3+ player games since Game Update 6 got implemented.

Specifically I was wondering if crashes still happen when you change area and don't assign character rights to party leader/host before zoning?

Comments

• AuraneAurane Member Posts: 4
    It has not been fixed, I could play mostly without problems when only playing with my friend, but when I play with 2 friends it crashes every time we zone, I learned about the giving control to the host yesterday, so that makes it more bearable.. but I would have to say multiplayer in its current state is not accepatble, I can't play with my 2 friends without spending a lot of time reconnecting and just not actually playing the game. I hope the make it the highest priority fix..
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2013
    Hmm ok, could you describe how you pass rights to host? It didn't seem entirely obvious when I tested a two player game last night.
    There is a button on the left side of the screen, looks likes some lines going between 2 computers. Click it and then make the host take control of every character by having his name by each one. You zone, and then let the players take control again.

Though if you are playing only 2 player, this thing is not necessary.
    I saw some thread that the game is not updated via Steam, so all I wrote might be invalid for this patch you are talking about, I think I had the updated version with my BG:EE from Steam, but apparently not.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    This issue has been fixed in 2012, which is not yet available on Steam.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm going to purchase the Steam version today so I can keep an eye on the version. As soon as it's patched, I'll post an announcement.
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    edited January 2013
    Cerevant said:

This issue has been fixed in 2012, which is not yet available on Steam.

2012? Do you mean the January 2013 patch?

Thank you everyone for the info by the way - it's much appreciated.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Sorry, build 1.0.2012, not to be confused with the year :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Cerevant
    Just imagine the confusion when we start talking about things that will be implemented in 2014. ;)
    Cerevant