Skip to content

Hello

Hello to everyone. Just to mention that I am impressed of this game's community and support forum, seems a lot of people share the love I have for this old nostalic game and I am struggling to make it work on my PC.
I have an issue with the steam client (it freezes/flickers unexpectedly without triggering shift+tab) would it be considered proper to post it here, under the support category of course? Or should I only ask Steam support/forums?
Please dont beat me to death with magic missiles and throw me to the wolves if this is not the right place! :(

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    You can try the support forums. Unfortunately, the Steam version of the game isn't up to date with the latest patches, and the best version to purchase would have been the Beamdog version. So it's possible that your problem already has a solution, and it's just taking its time getting to you.

I've never tried to return a Steam game, but if you can get your money back for it, you should get the Beamdog version instead.
  • tzzimytzzimy Member Posts: 5
    Thanks m8 for the reply. I am already trying what you suggested.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The flickering with the Steam client has reportedly been solved by disabling "hardware mouse cursor" in Graphics Options. Give that a try.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2013
    :D hehe thanks Bhaaldog. I managed to fix some of the nasty ones that made the game unplayable. I played multiplayer with a friend I found on Steam and we test drive it a bit.
    I cannot express enough my warm feelings to feel like a kid again, been so many years that I manage to play this game again. Some games remain epic, and after I managed to make it finally work I must say I like a lot of the things done in like the artwork on the cutscenes, the graphic engine is much better. Sure there are bugs (especially because new updates are not applied in the first place as they should) but I guess i can live through them as long as the feeling remains the same and its there as I remember it as a child.
    But far above all, I see this alive, vivid and so warm community all embracing the game and trying to make it better, and honest and sincere effort from support to help people with problems, from the threads I looked into. I already contacted my bank to deny payment, jeopardizing my whole steam account but since I really saw into the game and I see this community at work, boy do I reconsider... :))) Will have a word with them tomorrow.
    SO HELLO THERE PEOPLE. Anyone for multiplayer modes? :D

Tzzimy the best dodger mage EU
    Thanks aosaw for the advice about the flickering, ye forgot to mention it seems it helps.