Skip to content

Strength bonus to hit not working

I'm playing through the Black Pit with a party that includes a blackguard, a barbarian, and a fighter, who have strength scores of 18/57, 18/94, and 19 (the fighter is a half-orc) respectively. The problem is that only the fighter is getting the proper +3 to hit bonus from strength. The other two are listed with a strength bonus to hit of 0, instead of the correct +2 and +3 respectively. As a result, the characters' adjusted THAC0s are 9, 9, and 5, respectively.

Comments

• valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Only a question despite that it is BP - the new fancy info screen does show these values or did you check the character screen? Cause I got similar stuff with missile weapons in the campaign.
    The Character-screen does show the 'real' value' but the overview screen is bugged beyond hell. (did re-calculated every value with the given tables and char-screen is right)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yeah, the character screen is working properly and you're not missing any bonuses to hit.

Its just the box screen detailing the bonuses that is not working properly.
  • OddstarOddstar Member Posts: 4
    Gotcha. Thanks.
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Can't find these two bugs anywhere. Apologies if they have been found.

1. The strength ability damage bonus displayed in the character sheet is not correct.
    Current behaviour: The strength ability damage bonus currently factors in bonuses from Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise and other sources.
    Expected behaviour: The strength ability damage bonus should only list the bonus granted by the strength score, as per the table provided in the handbook. Technically, that is the only bonus granted by the strength ability.

2. The damage display does not factor in damage bonuses from Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise.
    Current behaviour: Damage display does not seem to change when Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise are equipped.
    Expected behaviour: Damage display should show the +2 to damage granted by the Gauntlets (as it shows the damage bonuses granted from other sources).

As an aside, I'm fairly certain the damage bonus is being added to the damage roll. It's just not showing up in the display currently.
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited December 2012
    EDIT: You can see the problem below

The section in the character record marked Ability Bonuses should only reflect +/- incurred from your Abilities (Str, Dex, etc) and not items or buffs, unless those items / buffs modify your ability scores such that they have changed your dependent Ability Bonuses.
    Post edited by agris on
  • satanizersatanizer Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    Sorry if this has been posted before, tried searching but couldn't find anything related.

The characters don't get any str modifier on their to hit rolls as far as i can see. Nothing displayed on the character sheet and neither in the combat log. Anyone else with the same problem?

Apart from this the game works smoothly for me, thanks to Overhaul!
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on