Skip to content

Monk Bug - Gauntlets of Crushing

Just equipped Rassad with the gauntlets of crushing, which according to the item description should provide +4 THACO and +4 damage.

The THACO bonus is adding correctly but not the damage bonus

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Not to hijack this thread, but where are those located at?
  • SirFrancealotSirFrancealot Member Posts: 56
    they are included as a part of the black pits content, purchasable from one of the vendors. I imported across one of my characters from the completed black pits campaign to BG1 main campaign with some equipment, and then gave the gloves to Rassad to give him some much needed kickpuncher power.

I haven't tried black pits with a monk character to test whether this bug is with the item or with Rassad.

The gloves themselves are not available in the campaign until BG2, where they drop from King Ixilthetocal in the City-of-Caverns (shaguain town after getting boarded by the Githyanki)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Oh, another opcode to change damage (but only fist damage). Registering this bug.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    edited December 2012
    Gauntlets of Crushing show a plus 4 bonus to thac0, in the inventory, but don't show an effect on damage. They should show a plus 4 bonus to both thac0 and damage.
    Post edited by Danathion on
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    When you say that it does not affect damage, do you mean in game damage, or the value displayed in the damage window on your character sheet ?
    I guess the problem is that the damage window doesn't get updated, but the +4 damage is still taken into account in game.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Aranthys said:

I guess the problem is that the damage window doesn't get updated, but the +4 damage is still taken into account in game.

Thanks. My post was poorly written but edited now to, hopefully, make more sense.