Skip to content

So is anything happening?

Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
I just wanna play some multiplayer, any idea if this is ever gonna happen? The matchmaking/lobby system or whatever... if I wanted to play BG in single player for the 20th time I wouldn't bother with this "enhanced edition".

Please can we have some working multiplayer? Pretty please?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I can't give you a specific date, but I can tell you that yes, they're working on fixing the existing multiplayer. They're also hard at work on the match-making system, which will make game set-up easier.
  • tomhims5441tomhims5441 Member Posts: 8
    you can get a refund most likely. thats wat i did. i bought the game for multiplayer. got 4 er 5 friends to do the same so we could finally all play. and now its jan 19 2013 ! LOL

they wer not ready to launch this game. aparently its in beta and they dont seem to be taking care of the multiplayer issue at all. but honestly, its too late for me to try anyway. all my friends quit cept 1.

i dont even know what to say?
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    ...you're still here????
    Dude, you got your refund last month, you don't know anything about software development. Stop spamming, your English is awful.
  • citizenxocitizenxo Member Posts: 24
    If you already have friends to play with you don't need the lobby, I've been playing sans hamachi with 3-4 people no problem, and they lived on the other side of the planet as well.
  • LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    Aww, wish i had friends... :(
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    edited January 2013
    My brother and I also got the MP going using Hamachi, it was the last thing we tried but it was very simple to setup. The only issue is the lag, and that may have been my crummy laptop's fault. Next time, I'm going to let him host the game on his desktop instead, maybe we'll see some improvement.

I'm not sure if 'lag' is actually the correct term to use or not, our characters and actions seemed to be a bit jittery and some teleporting/jumping was going on, despite being in the same room*. Like I said though, it may have been my crummy laptop as host that was the problem, and it may have also been the fact that we were using a VPN rather than our LAN.

*EDIT: I should be more specific, I mean he and I were were using computers in the same apartment using the same router. I didn't mean our characters were both in the same room :)