Skip to content

[Request] Improved water-overlays

JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
It's too bad, that the tilesets can't be re-rendered, but i think there is a lot of potential in reworking the water-overlays of BG. For a game (re-)released in 2012 they are much too ugly i think.

It would be great too see water, that looks much more realistic, with better textures, lighting effects, animated waves and the edges should get some kind of anti-aliasing or a similar effect.

Hope that can be done :)

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Yeah I get the same feeling. While I am very excited for this BGEE, sometimes I feel like it is just BGT with some few "premium mods" without the latter's good old mods. I was really hoping for a graphical overhaul. I still find the game lovely tbh, but c'mon...it's a game remastered a decade after, and it's clearly outdated in terms of graphics already. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about Dragon Age, Skyrim, or even just Neverwinter Nights level...but same as Jarl suggested, it should at least have many if not all of those things. The character sprites, cursor, player indicator...I can see no changes at all in the screenshots. I'll still buy the game wholeheartedly anyway, but again, I'm still wishing something more in the visual department.
  • DelvonDelvon Member Posts: 77
    Jarl said:

It's too bad, that the tilesets can't be re-rendered, but i think there is a lot of potential in reworking the water-overlays of BG. For a game (re-)released in 2012 they are much too ugly i think.

It would be great too see water, that looks much more realistic, with better textures, lighting effects, animated waves and the edges should get some kind of anti-aliasing or a similar effect.

Hope that can be done :)

If the game is really moddable, then I'd expect this could come as a mod later on, much like all the re-rendering with Skyrim. The water was always troubling..