Skip to content

Lawful Evil Halfling - Portrait?

NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
edited January 2013 in Fan Creations
Greetings ladies and gents, I just signed up here as I've noticed this seems like a good site for custom portraits. :) I apologize beforehand if this thread is in the wrong place.

Now to the purpose of the thread; I intend to roll a new char, a Lawful Evil (Male) Halfling Bounty Hunter simply because Halflings makes such awesome thieves (And because Bounty Hunter seems like alot of fun; I've played a Paladin-turned-Fighter/Mage throughout the entire saga, before, and would like to try something different this time)! However, I'm having quite alot of trouble finding a portrait that I'd like. Can a Halfling even BE Lawful? They generally seem so friviolous and care-free. :P

I was thinking I'd call him "Neldoc Shadowfoot", or similar surname... As a Lawful Evil villian I'd like him to look typically arrogant and self-centered. I've been searching and searching and searching... so I figured it might be a good idea to try my luck here. :)

PS NO celeb ports, and must be in "BG-style", i.e. should fit seamlessly with the NPC portraits. :) DS
Post edited by NocturneN on
Quartz

Comments

• LiberelliLiberelli Member Posts: 170
    lol it's not the lawful halfling that i find weird, it's the lawful thief that gets me :)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2013
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I really dig the role-playing bro. Sounds awesome. :)
    SCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaak
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    edited January 2013
    Liberelli said:

lol it's not the lawful halfling that i find weird, it's the lawful thief that gets me :)

Being "Lawful" doesn't necessarily mean one obeys the law (aye, 'Tis complicated!), 'Tis more to do with having a personal code and a sense of honor. Something Halflings aren't really known for... hmm, there is MAZZY ofcourse, though. I guess 'Tis a rare trait amongst them. :)

Besides, if it was up to me, I wouldn't call a Bounty Hunter a rogue at all, rather a ranger. :)

I'll have a look, chris, thanks.

Thank you Quartz. :)

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    image by unrealsmoker
    image by TheMinttu
    image by Alexey-Konev (female)
    image another female image from Monorok
    image by Belibr

Sorry, that's all I could find on a quick search.
    NocturneN
    edited January 2013
    Very, very, interesting LadyRhian! How did you find these? Google wont really respond very well to my search requests, hmm... I am obviously not that good at searching, my apologies. :)

I like both the first and 2nd, though I should've mentioned my character will be Male, apologies again. But this is a great start, I'll see what I can do with them... :)

PS Can't activate the download from that link, Chris. DS

PPS Also, I'm considering a Human aswell for this char, incase I want to dual class later on - I'm a dual-class freak! Or a half-orc for crazy backstabs (+2 extra hit is really nice for a thief!). I have a Human (and Orc) portrait I really like, so it ultimately comes down to if I can find a really cool Halfling port or not... really juicy to have the Halfling saving throws in addition to the extra thieving skill points and even more points from 19 dex! DDS
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @NocturneN I searched DeviantArt. Sadly, not alot of them are in the BG style. These just came closest and first. Elfwood might be another good place to check out.
    NocturneN
    edited January 2013
    Thank you, @LadyRhian, searching aint my forte so those suggestions are welcome. :)

I sat yesterday and rolled stats for my halfling for maybe 2 hours (Yes, I know that's alot, but, considering the BG saga is HUGE 'Tis very important to me to have a character I really like playing...and I try to avoid save game editors since they eventually can screw your saves up if used too vividly!) and the best I could get was (detraced and evened out) 16, 15, 15, 15, 15, 15 - total of 91 points. Then I rolled a few times for my Human and got 16, 16, 16, 15, 15, 15 (total 93 points) after but a few tries... I think the universe is trying to tell me something! ;D

Anyways, here's the contestants, if anyone is curios. :)
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    NocturneN said:

Now to the purpose of the thread; I intend to roll a new char, a Lawful Evil (Male) Halfling Bounty Hunter

PS NO celeb ports, and must be in "BG-style", i.e. should fit seamlessly with the NPC portraits. :) DS

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    @DarkDogg

Aye, seen that before, I cropped it and tried it out but didn't like it for some reason, lol. I think his eyes looked messed up because of the re-scaling, too, I'm not that great at editing. Cool portrait, but not quite to my tastes, sadly. :)

I've more or less settled for the 2nd portrait of @LadyRhian's, I think it screams "Bounty Hunter", eventhough the guy himself doesn't look particularly "lawful"... :P I'm very picky (though I haven't been diagnosed, I've always suspected I have OCD, lol). I just feel 'Tis important to have a character I really like considering how huge the BG saga is. :)

Here's my lil 'afling. I'm still open for suggestions in case anyone finds something really cool, though, no worries. :)