Skip to content

I can't save in Durlag's Tower?

contowncontown Member Posts: 84
Picked up a pretty annoying problem. I can quick save, but when I've tried to save my game it keeps on telling me I can't save at this time... Not sure why, but I have one idea. I'm currently running Durlag's Tower. When I hit the second floor the game was bugging and I couldn't finish the puzzle, which was pretty frustrating. So I used the command console function to just warp past the locked door to go down to the third floor. So I warped my party in and went downstairs. I didn't try saving before that, so I don't know if it wouldn't have worked then, but it's not working now... Can using that "teleporting" command screw up your game? Or is there some problem with Durlag's Tower that people have been having? If I finish it using just quick saves will I be able to save normally again?

Comments

• contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    I can quick save, but when I've tried to save my game it keeps on telling me I can't save at this time... Not sure why, but I have one idea. I'm currently running Durlag's Tower. When I hit the second floor the game was bugging and I couldn't finish the puzzle, which was pretty frustrating. So I used the command console function to just warp past the locked door to go down to the third floor. So I warped my party in and went downstairs. I didn't try saving before that, so I don't know if it wouldn't have worked then, but it's not working now... Can using that "teleporting" command screw up your game? Or is there some problem with Durlag's Tower?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Not sure I've understood correctly where you are, but if it is the area with code AR0513, it may be because of the regularly exploding fireball.

Look under the spoiler tag for more details on this map.

If you are there, you just have to save in between the explosions. When you're near the fireball room, you can use the noise as guidance. If you are more far away, you just have to try saving every few seconds, until you can do it.
  • contowncontown Member Posts: 84
    Yeah, I'm in that area right now. That makes sense, thanks man. I'll try saving again.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    No, the teleport didn't screw up saving, it might screw up other things, but not saving.