Skip to content

Bite, Claw, Claw attack script.

CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
edited January 2013 in General Modding
I was trying to better emulate the PnP attacks of creatures to allow them to have the Bite, then Claw, then Claw, as they should. The two items were made and put into their slots and I applied the following script. The problem is the switching never changes at all. I know the script is being processed but I am unsure if there is a better way. Perhaps it is better to just do the average like it is now.

IF
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
THEN
RESPONSE #90
SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON1,0)
Attack(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
RESPONSE #5
SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON,0)
RESPONSE #5
SelectWeaponAbility(SLOT_WEAPON,0)
END

Any advice would be much appreaciated. It would allow summons to have special bites, or claw attacks.

TIA

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    First, Attack() generally does not terminate until the target is dead. (This means all attacks are made by the first action, with SLOT_WEAPON1.)
    Second, the script has no bearing on APR. Three attack actions does not lead to three attacks. An attack action means "make APR number of attacks per round until the action terminates".

To get claw/claw/bite, put the teeth in the off-hand slot, the claws in the main hand, give the creature 2 APR and a standard attack script.
  • CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
    @wisp ... thanks for your explanation. First off let me explain that I have about two months of messing around with Modding under my belt, so I am truly a novice. The advice I receive from this forum is much appreciated ... even if I only understnad about half of it. Trust in that I do a lot readnig before posting a question, to include the SHS, GB3 and TeamBG forums.

As for the ApR I had set that in the CRE file as 3 attacks per round, thinking that would cover the attack sequence of Bite, Claw, Claw (I know it is claw, claw bite, but I have reasons for the first attack to be the bite).

What slot is the Off-Hand slot? While in DLTCP or NI, they both show weapon slots 1-4, so I put Claw in 1 and Bite in 2-4; this does not seem to help.

TIA
  • EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Does the the same paradigm apply for scratch, scratch, sniff?
    Unfortunately it would seem so, right now the critter is stuck in sniff mode! :) I think CHARNAME has gas.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Corsymyr
    I meant you should have your creature dual-wield. Since you always make 1 APR with your off-hand weapon (in the shield slot), you effectively make 3 APR, of which one will always be with the off-hand weapon and the other two will always be with the main-hand weapon.
    The only other way of simulating multiple weapons is to make one weapon that, e.g., has the effects of a bite attack trigger with a 33 percent probability and the effects of a claw attack trigger with the remaining 67 percent (and where the rest, such as damage, is the average of what you would make from 2 hits with the claws and 1 hit with the teeth).
    @Wisp ... Ok I just had a blinding flash of the obvious ... which was what slot was the "Off-Hand Slot" ... duh ... Shield. All is clear now! With any luck at all I should be able to do scratch, scratch, sniff with ease! :)

Thanks again!