Skip to content

A "Fixed bug" that affects me.

Well i have the problem with Yeslick. I completed all the mines stuff, but when i try to ditch him he enters in an infinite loop and im not able to recruit him again.

When i talk to him to recruit him again it says: "yeslick has nothing to say to you".

I have checked the bug section and this bug is supposed to be fixed.

Im using the steam client, the steam client should be up to date, its 2012 version now.

Any suggestions to deal with this glitch? ty

Comments

• DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    enable cheat keys with console, then press ctrl+q on him, that'll force him to join.
  • GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151

enable cheat keys with console, then press ctrl+q on him, that'll force him to join.

ty but is there another way to fix the loop?

• CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    If you aren't too far into the game, try reloading an earlier save just before you entered the area he is in. The 2012 should work, but if you have encountered him already it wont change as his sprite info is saved in the save game.
    Cuv said:

If you aren't too far into the game, try reloading an earlier save just before you entered the area he is in. The 2012 should work, but if you have encountered him already it wont change as his sprite info is saved in the save game.

my game started in the 2010, but i entered mines with the 2012 client :S so i dunno why its happening
    edited January 2013

Cuv said:

I just discovered something. If u kick Dorn out the Party then Yeslick dsnt bug.

But if u have Dorn in party then it gets stuck on that loop.

Kinda weird eh?

EDIT: it also works if u kill Dorn.
    Oh! You had Dorn in your party too? This might be a dlg bug, will check on it.
    Cuv said:

Oh! You had Dorn in your party too? This might be a dlg bug, will check on it.

ye and if i want to recruit yeslick back, i must kill dorn or kick him out of the party, then Yeslick acts normally. funny :P

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Bhaaldog said:

GaNoN said:

Cuv said:

I just discovered something. If u kick Dorn out the Party then Yeslick dsnt bug.

But if u have Dorn in party then it gets stuck on that loop.

Kinda weird eh?

EDIT: it also works if u kill Dorn.
    Most interesting... an infinite character interaction loop suggests a distortion emanating from a highly localized disturbance in the space time continuum.

I think dorn and yeslick are the same person ¬¬

Maybe yeslick and his twin brother put on a half-orc suit and adopt a new evil alter ego called Dorn, who knows. (those dwarfs always wanted to be tall)
    @GaNoN Ah, well that makes sense after investigating. Yeslick won't rejoin with Dorn in the party specifically because he is Lawful Good and Dorn is Neutral Evil. However, you should not get a dlg loop... Yeslick should just flat-out refuse to rejoin if Dorn is in the party. Will add to the tracker.
    Cuv said:

@GaNoN Ah, well that makes sense after investigating. Yeslick won't rejoin with Dorn in the party specifically because he is Lawful Good and Dorn is Neutral Evil. However, you should not get a dlg loop... Yeslick should just flat-out refuse to rejoin if Dorn is in the party. Will add to the tracker.

Cuv can u link me to the newest shadowkeep for BG EE? im using one that deletes 2 spells on Dorn because "They are not in the database"
    @GaNoN There seems to have been some work on an EE Keeper about half way down page 4 in this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7205/getting-shadowkeeper-to-work-with-bgee/p4 Hopefully it can do what you need it to do.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Dorn is a different bug. Yeslick overly talkative (Yeslick loop) is not the same as Yeslick doesn't have anything to say if Dorn is in the party. This bug will be fixed in r2013 and it is unimportant if you already have Yeslick/Dorn around.
  • SuiboonSuiboon Member Posts: 86
    Just kill the bugger and leave his body in a ditch somewhere.

Sorry, couldn't resist.