Skip to content

How do I finish the quest for Rasaad?

beefloafbeefloaf Member Posts: 7
I have done everything up to the Seven suns hideout. Killed everyone, and found the note leading me to Cloud peak mountains. Now, am I suppose to go there, and look for someone or, is it suppose to trigger? If I'm suppose to find someone, can someone please point me in the right direction?

If so, I think my game is bugged, because nothing seems to happen.

Also, on a side note, does Neera's quest end at Adoy's cave hideout?

Comments

• KratokKratok Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    Head over to the Cloud Peaks. The way you enter the area is somewhat confusing, as you have to go south from Nashkel Mines even though the area on the map isn't really in that direction (it's in the far bottom right corner). Rasaad's quest will continue as you arrive. If you are playing multiplayer though, I recommend you wait for a patch before you go, since as with other new NPC quests, it's unfinishable in multiplayer at the moment. In single player I believe it will work, haven't tested myself though.

I'm not sure about Neera's quest. Our quest in multiplayer got stuck there with no new journal updates, so that's as far as we got at least. I know that quest can get stuck in single player as well before getting to finish it, but they're working on those issues.
  • Proto77Proto77 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I've gone to both locations south of the mines (left and right) but nothing happens, I'm doing something wrong?
    Right now I'm playing in single player mode.
  • DatBenzDatBenz Member Posts: 6
    My quest also does not continue when entering Cloudpeak. Explored the whole area and the quest never continued. Appears to be bugged.
  • DatBenzDatBenz Member Posts: 6
    Anyone know the global variable for triggering the part of the quest?
  • Thrawn15Thrawn15 Member Posts: 9
    I would like to know as well. Other than the note that was found on of the bodies on the top floor of the building there is no indication to go to the Cloud Peaks. I am wondering if there was supposed to be some dialogue prompted with Rasaad after the second fight or when the note was found. If anyone knows how to force the trigger it would be much appreciated.
  • Ginsu23Ginsu23 Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2013
    I never went to the building in baldur's gate, but when u kill that guy Sammon I think his name is, the guy in the tavern. He tells you about the cloud peaks b4 he dies. Just go there, south from the nashkel mines.
    Gamaz doesn't really drop good treasure, just some gloves that give Rasaad +2 THACO. ( I had already given him legacy of the masters though) The real treasure is the belt that gives you 19 strength in a chest in the north-western living quarters. The belt also lowers yout int to 6, which only affects your lore so it doesn't really matter.

Spoiler tags added. -Jalily
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • Ginsu23Ginsu23 Member Posts: 8
    I recommend using the cheats for this game. If only to spawn tomes that raise your stats. All of the joinable PCs have really shitty stats, especially Rasaad. Don't raise your strength too high, though, as the extra damage will make the game too easy. If you don't know how to do it. Add this line into the baldur.ini file: 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', you need to add the whole thing. The tomes are as follows: CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BOOK04") BOOK04 is for strength, BOOK05 is dex, BOOK03 is con, BOOK06 is int, BOOK08 is wis, BOOK07 is cha. I recommend having at least one PC with 25 int,wis, and cha. Int and wis will raise your lore so you don't waste time identifying things, and a high charisma will sometimes net you better quest rewards.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    edited January 2013
    I had to go to Ulgoth's Beard to make the Cloud Peaks area unlock.
  • ThaddeusThaddeus Member Posts: 3
    I have completed Rasaad's quest but I cannot leave the area. Backtracked entire area, searched, re-searched but I haven't been able to figure out what to do. Frustrating... Please help.
  • LoneWolfDonLoneWolfDon Member Posts: 25
    @Thaddeus : Exit the same way you entered the snow-tunnels / caverns. Normally the "exit wheel" appears at the edge of a map/screen, however, in this case, it's not the edge that triggers the exit-wheel, it's actually lower than you expect where it should be... so, hover your pointer around, click around the area (but a little lower than normal from the top edge of the screen) where you first entered the Cloud-Peak snow tunnels, and hopefully you'll find it.
  • LoneWolfDonLoneWolfDon Member Posts: 25
    I'm attaching a screen-shot of the exit from the Cloud Peaks snow-tunnels (I don't know the code for posting an image, so I'll just add it as an attachment. Click on it to view in larger size).

I drew a red-circle around the general area of where the exit is (you'll notice it's lower from the screen-edge of where exits normally might be).
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    I've had the exit disappear on me as well... reloading a different save helped to have it reappear. It happened only once, so I don't really know what caused it or how to repeat it...
    @LonewolfDon- I am an old veteran of this game, playing it on an ipad2 for the first time. First, thanks for your quick response. Second, I was able to find the exit, just a little tedious as on the iPad there is no "Area transfer wheel". But I'm really diggin' this great old game in a new way. It transfers to the touch screen very well and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy rpg's. So excited for BGII EE.
    JTM said:

I've had the exit disappear on me as well... reloading a different save helped to have it reappear. It happened only once, so I don't really know what caused it or how to repeat it...

@JTM - I actually reloaded, and did the quest again and that is what led to the discovery of the exit. Thank you!