Skip to content

Checking one's fatigue-level?

Ever since I started playing BG2 on Windows 7 about a year ago, I've noticed fatigue behaving strangely for me. My main char, and everyone else with good CON (16 - 18) can usually go on for almost a week before becoming tired. It's almost like I need to kickstart the system, travelling back and forth between Candlekeep and the Friendly Arm (or similar) for a couple of weeks to get everyone fatigued (or casting a haste spell). After that, it works normally until someone gets fatigued and I then reload a save BEFORE they got fatigued which usually results in the system never kicking in, again.

I'm not sure how this works in BG:EE, or if it's even a bug. I'd be happy in hearing how fatigue works for everyone else. Last time I played BG I was using Win XP and fatigue worked normally, then, though it was so long ago that my memory of it is hazy at best.

I was wondering if someone knows if you can, like, check your level of fatigue, somehow? Perhaps with console or in Shadowkeeper, because I've never found something like that, atleast.

Comments

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    uhm. I'm not an expert on it but the length of time you can go without getting fatigued is dependent on con score.
    As far as I remember around 16 con you will get a very long period of time before getting fatigued, whereas 15 con means you actually have to rest fairly often (don't know the exact numbers)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Lifat said:

uhm. I'm not an expert on it but the length of time you can go without getting fatigued is dependent on con score.
    As far as I remember around 16 con you will get a very long period of time before getting fatigued, whereas 15 con means you actually have to rest fairly often (don't know the exact numbers)

Constitution does influence fatigue, but the effects wouldn't be as pronounced as those described by the OP. I think at 18 CON you'll at most be able to go an extra day without resting, or something like that. There's been a couple threads about this already, where certain characters just seem to never get fatigued.
  • NocturneNNocturneN Member Posts: 123
    TJ_Hooker said:

Lifat said:

Constitution does influence fatigue, but the effects wouldn't be as pronounced as those described by the OP. I think at 18 CON you'll at most be able to go an extra day without resting, or something like that. There's been a couple threads about this already, where certain characters just seem to never get fatigued.
    Really? In this section? I thought I was alone...I'll get to searching, thanks!!!
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited February 2013
    @NocturneN if you're going to try using the forum search function, don't bother. It's pretty terrible, and I think it skips the Bugs section completely. Just use Google and search:
    site:baldursgate.com [topic]
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, TJ!

Very insightful, Chris!! What I thought: You start day 0 at hour 6 with no fatigue. My char left Candlekeep at 1700 hours, but this doesn't seem to matter unless you spend more than 1 day there as the encounter with Gorion sets the game to nighttime. You then start the next day, which for me was day 1 hour 7, so that's exacly 24 hrs of fatigue right there and a low-CON char should be already fatigued (or close to).

Now I've spent some time travelling and it's currently day 2 hour 17 in my game, so my character has ~58 hours of no rest; he should be fatigued already... (18 CON) I shall get to searching and browsing your documents in more detail, Chris.

EDIT
    Unbelievable! I thought I was alone with this issue since I couldn't get any response way back before BG:EE was even released... Now it seems alot of people have been having this issue. I really like what you've done Chris, hopefully we can get the developers to reveal how the system works someday aswell. :D
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    How does fatigue work with Kagain's regeneration anyway? I have never seen 16 or higher characters fatigued unless I intentionally travelled ways that take more than 2 days and back, and even that didn't make Kagain fatigued.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336

How does fatigue work with Kagain's regeneration anyway? I have never seen 16 or higher characters fatigued unless I intentionally travelled ways that take more than 2 days and back, and even that didn't make Kagain fatigued.

Kaigan has 20 Con which would put him into the +5 (44 hours) group. That would almost 2 in-game days.
  • BJMJDBJMJD Member Posts: 192
    Also, it seems, if the character didn't complain about his/her fatigue, when you load a game, the fatigue variable is reset at 0.

For example, if you travel 2 days and save before any complain of characters, and load this save, the nobody will be not tired
    BJMJD said:

Also, it seems, if the character didn't complain about his/her fatigue, when you load a game, the fatigue variable is reset at 0.

For example, if you travel 2 days and save before any complain of characters, and load this save, the nobody will be not tired

Aye, that's what I'm talking about in the OP. Is there any known fix or mod that deals with this?