Skip to content

can someone explain the missle weapon/ammo damage for me?

do they stack? for example if i have a +2 bow/sling/crossbow and use +2 ammo does the weapon become +4?

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Yup. Except for the purpose of determining what you can hit. And by that, I mean that if you're fighting an enemy that requires magical weapons to hit, you'll need to have magic ammo; having a magic launcher is not enough.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,150
    As TJHooker was saying, only the plus of the ammo matters for determining WHAT you can hit. If a +2 weapon is needed, you must have +2 ammo. But launcher and ammo pluses all stack for hit and damage rolls.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    pipinho said:

do they stack? for example if i have a +2 bow/sling/crossbow and use +2 ammo does the weapon become +4?

Also in BG2 vanilla +x bows and +x arrows don't necessarily do +x damage. Basically bows (and crossbows to a lesser extent) were nerfed in BG2
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Bhaaldog said:

pipinho said:

Also in BG2 vanilla +x bows and +x arrows don't necessarily do +x damage. Basically bows (and crossbows to a lesser extent) were nerfed in BG2
    Are there any plans to un-nerf this in BG2 EE?
    Hope so! Also better ammo options late game would be nice...
  • pipinhopipinho Member Posts: 55
    Yea because it seems that archers are pretty useless in bg2