Skip to content

The most ridiculous stats you have rolled for a Baldur's Gate character?

Comments

• moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Kamehouse said:

moopy Cavalier 101 18/50

And that Cavalier is still sitting in Candle Keep outside the inn where he started. Poor guy.
  • hammernanvilhammernanvil Member Posts: 98
    I roll 90-93 quite regular have not gotten higher, but after 10 or 15 mins I usually recall the best I rolled.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    The highest roll I've ever gotten in BG is 96 for a Jester.

Whom I haven't really played yet.

I consider 90-93 to be high rolls. I've gotten a few 94-95's...but I've only rolled a 96 once.

I haven't ever seen anything higher than that.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    edited January 2013
    On a Mage (Necromancer)

Most of my high rolls seem to be 90...

But usually the stats that matter to the character are 18 (or 19 depending on race) easily with a 90 without having to take down some stat entirely...
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Debaser said:

I consider 90-93 to be high rolls. I've gotten a few 94-95's...but I've only rolled a 96 once.

I agree, for me getting 92-94 is usually high, 95+ is nearly as good as godlike :) and 99+ impossible ..
    In IWD/BG1 I usually stopped with anything higher than 90 or at least saved that roll and tried for like another 30-60 minutes. Don't really wanna mention that building a 6-man/woman party in IWD that way was quite a pain ...

Hate my BGEE Skald with 96 though, cause he still enjoys candlekeep, while my other character whom I play in BG2 'only' got 94. And that was a hard nut, had to dump CHA cause of a melee oriented Fighter(9) dualed to cleric. But Keldorn does all the talking/shopping :P
    edited January 2013
    I'm normally overjoyed with what I call a +28. I set all the stats to 10 and what I'm left with is what I count. So I guess that is a 88.

4 18's and 2 8's.

I find that the /XX on strength isn't that important to me since before the game ends and BG2 starts I'll have 19 str from the tome if I already had 18/XX
  • RhymeRhyme Member Posts: 190
    moopy said:

I'm normally overjoyed with what I call a +28. I set all the stats to 10 and what I'm left with is what I count. So I guess that is a 88.

4 18's and 2 8's.

I find that the /XX on strength isn't that important to me since before the game ends and BG2 starts I'll have 19 str from the tome if I already had 18/XX

I do that with straight 15s, which is a 90. It's doubly useful, because 90 is about the lowest I'll ever take, so if I can't make it to straight 15s, it's a reroll for me.
  • KamehouseKamehouse Member Posts: 66
    moopy said:

Kamehouse said:

moopy Cavalier 101 18/50

And that Cavalier is still sitting in Candle Keep outside the inn where he started. Poor guy.
    Hmmm, never played a cavalier. Could be nice in BG2...
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited January 2013
    @Kamehouse
    Kamehouse said:

I just don't let me fool by people who carry their lies to excess by stating "I did it in 3 tries." or "I try to get 100+." soon followed by "Oh, I got 102!". No, say what you want, I don't believe. And everyone with a little brain and knowledge of human nature will think twice before believing it, too.

Human nature you say? I pity you for believing that's all there is to human nature. Must be the environment. Any family or love life problems recently? I still couldn't get my head around what's so impossible with aiming for 100 and getting 102 a day later that it's "obviously a lie". For a time there, I felt offended...but now I only feel sorry for you, obviously you just have trust issues...must be personal.
    Post edited by Illustair on
    @Kamehouse

I don't really enjoy playing lawful good so I almost never play a Paladin. I'm pretty sure I have never played one.
  • KamehouseKamehouse Member Posts: 66
    That's why I like blackguards...
  • leddyhsleddyhs Member Posts: 54
    Rolled 97 for my Conjurer last night. :D 18/18/16/18/11/16
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    valky said:

Debaser said:

I agree, for me getting 92-94 is usually high, 95+ is nearly as good as godlike :) and 99+ impossible ..
    In IWD/BG1 I usually stopped with anything higher than 90 or at least saved that roll and tried for like another 30-60 minutes. Don't really wanna mention that building a 6-man/woman party in IWD that way was quite a pain ...

Hate my BGEE Skald with 96 though, cause he still enjoys candlekeep, while my other character whom I play in BG2 'only' got 94. And that was a hard nut, had to dump CHA cause of a melee oriented Fighter(9) dualed to cleric. But Keldorn does all the talking/shopping :P
    Not that much in fact.

You can use charisma, wisdom and or Intelligence as dump stats since the game is all about combats, and boost the required attributes (Dex / Con / Int for a mage with wisdom & charsima dump stat), and so on.
  • citizenxocitizenxo Member Posts: 24
    I like the idea of rolling, but it kind of annoys me that they dumbed it down so much. It's supposed to be the odds of getting 18 anything are 1/216. But they take best 3 out of 4 rolls, start over if your total is too low, and let you redistribute. Everyone is one in a million.

I played a bunch of RNG'ed stat/race/alignment guys (no reloads/restarts) and it was kind of fun. Amusingly though the only thing that really seemed to matter was if I was a warrior or not. Most other classes just died from a stray arrow or spell at the drop of a hat.

My problem is with my math skills if I powergame everything is a piece of cake. You can get max relevant stats for any class and there are only a few classes you should consider in that case. A lot of the classes are just inferior.
  • ToySoldierManToySoldierMan Member Posts: 16
    My Human Kensai:

This took me a few weeks to get but FINALLY got the rolls I was looking for! I wanted an 11 in WIS so I would not have ANY chance of a LORE penalty (Dual Classing to Mage at Level 9). FYI: 11 is the min score w/o the LORE penalty.

STR 18/99
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 11
    CHR 8

Another one noting was:

STR 18/00
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 18
    WIS 8
    CHR 3
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I just rolled a 92 on my Kensai to be Druid. I got a 93 but I accidentally clicked past it :'(
    @ToySoldierMan
    I always dual to mage at 13. <3 that extra 1/2 attack.

@Eudaemonium

I made a Berserker/Druid recently. I decided that was better so I could use armor still. I think a 6 Berserker / 10 Druid is going to come out on top of a 6 Kensai / 10 Druid. (Unless it is an RP thing or something else just ignore me)
    @moopy: yeah, it is an RP thing. :) I am well aware that Berserker/Druid will be better in the longrun due to the power of armour!
    @Eudaemonium

My bad. I never got past 6 Berserker / 8 Druid. I learned (what I already knew) that I hate druids.
    @moopy: Honestly, I've never actually played a Druid before, so I might find the same thing!
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I still can't believe I got this, but pulled off the following on an elf ranger stalker.
    18/00, 19, 17, 10, 14, 14

I'm kind of in shock that it gave me an 18/00 on a 92 roll. I didn't even spend more than a few minutes rerolling.
  • ScytheKnightScytheKnight Member Posts: 220
    Trying to get the stats for my Black Pits Inquisitor got a couple of 98s, but with really woeful 18/** so it wasn't really worth it.

Have seen it other times... only problem is I tend to jump slightly in surprise and excitement... causing me to click my LMB T_T (the downsides of having a nice and sensitive gaming mouse)
  • AlhoonAlhoon Member Posts: 9
    Just did it last night, playing "character roulette" on my iPad while waiting for the patch. :P
    (Making a top-stat FMC is HARD. It's better than counting sheep, though.)

weee.jpg 161.9K
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    My Ranger (Archer) Rolled a 98 first go on my first Black Pits run. Complete with 18/9X strength as well.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    @Alhoon Holy balls. I never play F/M/Cs because I figure the fighter stats would have to be gimped for it to work anyway. That's... that's just poetry.
    @Madhax It's kinda cute, isn't it?! The /00 came up as I was spreading the points and I was like... oh my God...
    (Btw I just ROFLed at 'holy balls'.)
  • satyrionsatyrion Member Posts: 104
    with mods ive rolled

Really? No 25s ?!
    :D
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited February 2013
    @satyrion
    Just watched Hansel & Gretel last night; and I can say you're being "Edward".:D He's a nice fellow though.;p Can I give you a word of advice? Please stop doing this to yourself.
    Post edited by Illustair on
  • pipinhopipinho Member Posts: 55
    the highest i have rolled was was a 96 and it took me 10 min... have never rolled higher than a 96