Skip to content

Frame rate lag issue

rkelly3001rkelly3001 Member Posts: 4
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Anyone else having lag issues in just a single player game? I seem to have the more than the min requirements but my game is lagging too much to even play. I have civs 5 and it plays just fine on my laptop, so I'm not sure why I'm experiencing frame rate issues here?
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    edited November 2012
    I have been expecting slowdowns on some map. They seems quite random but it seems that it occurs when I am in an not discovered part of the map.

The game suddenly slowdowns, the music and sound stutter / do not get out properly.

This may even lead to a hang up of the game when I try to change to another area or house interior.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    I have experienced the same problem before I even left Candlekeep. A game restart fixed it, but I am sure it will reappear at some point.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    It does ;-)
  • mommimommi Member Posts: 9
    Not sure if this is 100% related, but I had my first slowdown in Nashkel after clearing the mines. When the assasin near the Inn/Tavern attacked, he casted Fear. Then the game entered a 1-2 second complete stop, played fine for a few seconds, then again stopped (eg no graphic or sound updates), then played again, etc.
    I'm running core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, nVidia GTX 670, Win 8 Pro...
  • DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    I've just entered cloakwood and here it seems really bad, almost unplayable. THe game up untill now have been ok. Seen a frew lags here and there but nothing like now in cloakwood.
  • PyroPatPyroPat Member Posts: 35
    I experrience lag when i have 6+ monsters attacking my party. Had a bunch of giberlings attacking me and every time someone made an attacking move the screen froze for a sec
  • fluffybunny2012fluffybunny2012 Member Posts: 10
    What are your system specs? i made a little guide for intel users right here...
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8523/intel-chipsetperformance-error-a-complete-collection-of-work-arounds#latest
  • SilverDawn77SilverDawn77 Member Posts: 0
    i got the game this morning and its working fine exept when my characters start walking they really slow down, is there a way to fix this?
  • rkelly3001rkelly3001 Member Posts: 4
    ill check out the guide, my system specs are as follows intel pentium 2.14GHz 3GB RAM 64 Bit operating system. Its an Asus laptop with Intel(R) HD Graphics. I'll check out your guide and update drivers and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for getting back 2 me everyone :)
    ive updated my graphics hard but I can't find the place to change the settings. Im in the device manager->display adapters-> Intel (R) HD Graphics. I double click and I cant see the property you refer to in your post. Also, I tried to run baldurs gate anyways and now in the middle of the screen there is a nothing but a blank screen , the music is running and if I randomly click around i click a button and start the game. Any suggestions? I can always rollback but I really want to be able to play the game properly
    scratch that Fckthwrld it works like a champ, ill post the english settings for you on your thread