Skip to content

Since we have the Blackguard kit/class now...

gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
Bring Blackguard only weapons, some kind of anti-carsomyr. Not a copy but something unique, like the great sword soul reaver.

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    The stronghold quest in BG2 should be v. interesting yes. Profane dungeon stronghold ftw!
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    Where was this mentioned? I hadn't heard about it.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    You mean the kit? Just read Dorn's page. He is the new half-orc Blackguard companion.
  • LRECLREC Member Posts: 68
    Stronghold for Blackguards in the Underdark perhaps? Or that Shadow Temple?
  • QumiQumi Member Posts: 7
    Hmmm... well since w ehave Blackguard, don't you think that Sarevock in ToB should be one?
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    geselle said:

Bring Blackguard only weapons, some kind of anti-carsomyr. Not a copy but something unique, like the great sword soul reaver.

Agreed. Gram, the Sword of Grief and Soul Reaver are awesome Blackguard-flavored weapons, but one of the new items should be some kind of +2 NegaCarsomyr in BG:EE, with the opportunity to reacquire and upgrade it to +5 in BG2:EE.
    Qumi said:

Hmmm... well since w ehave Blackguard, don't you think that Sarevock in ToB should be one?

He never had any overt divine powers, though. He was just a really well-equipped master swordsman. If anything, he's more of a Wizard Slayer than a Blackguard. He had 100% magic resistance.

• FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    Saravok wasn't a blackguard, he was simply a warrior with training and a viscous personality.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Sarevok was trained to be a Deathbringer actually. Check his ToB bio ;)
    Now, a Deathbringer kit. THAT is something I can get behind!
    His deathbringer ability is a passive 5% chance to deal 200 damage.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Deathbringer Assault! BAM! 200 damage kthxBAI :p

Memorable :p

Btw, do we have any idea if it's gonna be a Fighter or a Paladin? Was wondering since half-orcs can't be Paladins, and i don't know if they allow to pick a kit of a class you have no access to.

As for the weapons, yeah a Blackguard only weapon would be cool.

Although i get the feeling that Blackguards will have weapons that gain abilities as they level up, so i don't know if they can use "normal" weapons.

Also, do we know if blackguard is a kit from an existing class ( pala-fighter ), or is it a kit from a new class? o_O

Too many questions, too little answers! Oh well :]
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Should we truly make the new stuff special snowflakes? As in, more important than everything else.
  • DecayOfSoulsDecayOfSouls Member Posts: 21
    Since Blackguards are pretty much just the opposite of Paladins (anti-paladins if you will), I think the stronghold should be similar to the Order, but evil of course.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Mornmagor Aerie is an elven cleric/mage which isn't available to the player so who knows, it might be a paladin kit even if he's an half-orc.
    IMO it's going to be a fighter kit, with access to De'Arnise stronghold in BG2. I'd like some details on the kit before release too, it's already implemented in a few mods with different bonus for each version.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2012
    Maybe because she was an elven race not available to the players? Wing elf or whatever? Not sure though, since technically she was an elf.

Yeah some more info would be sweet.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Mornmagor said:

Maybe because she was an elven race not available to the players? Wing elf or whatever? Not sure though, since technically she was an elf.

Yeah some more info would be sweet.

Avariel. Yeah, maybe that was the reason. Haer'Dalis is a tiefling, that isn't available either... I think it's pretty cool if some of your NPCs are special and can do or have stuff that you can't/don't. Dynaheir's Cure Poison ability, for example. Adds nice little touches of immersion and makes the world come alive.

Since Blackguards are pretty much just the opposite of Paladins (anti-paladins if you will), I think the stronghold should be similar to the Order, but evil of course.

If they literally copy-pasted Paladins and made everything "the opposite" like anti-paladin class mods typically are, I would be so very mad.

I wouldn't mind the +2 to saving throws, though.
  • DecayOfSoulsDecayOfSouls Member Posts: 21

If they literally copy-pasted Paladins and made everything "the opposite" like anti-paladin class mods typically are, I would be so very mad.

I wouldn't mind the +2 to saving throws, though.
    I wouldn't be very happy if they did that either but realistically, I'm just not sure how much work they are planning to put into a new stronghold if they are even planning to create a new one.
    To be fair they could make a stronghold using the fallen paladins and make a sanctuary/temple in the wilds.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I would not be surprised if the stronghold you get in BG2EE is the Temple of Talos. Makes sense considering that a blackguard is basically an evil fighter/cleric (though more fighter than cleric) by all rights.
  • AthrogateAthrogate Member Posts: 8
    Bring on Lord Soth!
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    I need to use the mod that allows me to aquire all the strongholds for all the classes. They're always fun.