Skip to content

Blackguard Query

I was wondering how a Blackguard wouuld fare with the following in their party, Neera, Jahira, Imoen, Minsc, Viconia. Would they have problems with anybody leaving?

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• SidekickSidekick Member Posts: 13
    You might have a few issues, but it really depends more on your in game reputation. Also, you can avoid almost all problems with leaving if you're willing to get 18 CHA.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    I have only 14 CHA, playing lawful evil, Who do you think may pose problems, otherwise I'll just have to re-roll something else.

Thanks for your help Sidekick :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Fiach said:

I have only 14 CHA, playing lawful evil, Who do you think may pose problems, otherwise I'll just have to re-roll something else.

I thought you had to have 17 Cha to play a Blackguard (Dorn excepted)?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Fiach: There's an item in Beregost that can increase your CHA by two points, that will help...
    I just checked, definately CHA 14, Blackguard, lawful Evil.

Thanks for the reply :)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Fiach said:

I just checked, definately CHA 14, Blackguard, lawful Evil.

Thanks for the reply :)

How strange!
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You will be fine so long as you keep your reputation between 5 and 19.

Being a Blackguard yourself doesn't affect anything, and there are no scripted fights between any of those characters.
    Fardragon said:

You will be fine so long as you keep your reputation between 5 and 19.

Being a Blackguard yourself doesn't affect anything, and there are no scripted fights between any of those characters.

Thats what I was hoping for, that they would be pretty OK together, if I start climbing in rep, what should I do, kill a few peasents or something?

Thanks again for all the replies :)

• ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited February 2013
    Fiach said:

Why 14 Charisma? You are not getting any bonus at all, I believe.

Not advocating powergaming but the optimal is 18/xx STR, 18 CON, 18 CHA. You can take care of the DEX with the DEX gloves you get really soon on your way to a certain quest.

And RP-wise, Paladins/Blackguards have high Charisma since they're leaders. Even Dorn has 16 CHA and he's a Half-Orc.

And to drop Reputation, you can try removing and readding Dorn or Viconia for a -2 Rep loss. Not sure of that tricks still works in BGEE.
    Archaos said:

Fiach said:

Why 14 Charisma? You are not getting any bonus at all, I believe.

Not advocating powergaming but the optimal is 18/xx STR, 18 CON, 18 CHA. You can take care of the DEX with the DEX gloves you get really soon on your way to a certain quest.

And RP-wise, Paladins/Blackguards have high Charisma since they're leaders. Even Dorn has 16 CHA and he's a Half-Orc.

And to drop Reputation, you can try removing and readding Dorn or Viconia for a -2 Rep loss. Not sure of that tricks still works in BGEE.
    Well, I went with 14 CHA because I placed my stats in DEX STR and CON. I didnt think you needed CHA for anything worthwhile.

I would have thought a Blackguard would be low CHA for RP (Blackguards from a definition point of veiw, would not be very nice people, I just thought that Blackguard was created with that definition in mind, considering they are the opposite of a Paladin, but I'm only guessing, I have nothing concrete to go on).

That remove/add looks interesting, I didn't know that, thank you, would killing peasents help with lowering REP do you think?

Thanks for the help :)
    edited February 2013
    @Fiach
    Charisma doesn't mean niceness. That's alignment. ;)

Charisma is the ability to lead and being inspiring or persuasive.
    An evil commander can be a Lawful Evil Blackguard with 18 Charisma. You know, some politicians can be considered Lawful Evil and be very Charismatic, like Hitler. (Let's not go into politics, though. It was only an example)

Like I said, Dorn has 16 Charisma and he's a butcher. Sarevok has 15 Charisma, I think and both are far from nice.

Even though the Blackguard doesn't exist in ADnD (though Anti-Paladins might), you should have minimum 17 Charisma but Dorn breaks a couple rules here and so does Minsc.

Personally, I would change his stats, with a program, to have 18 Cha and whatever Dex, there are Dex gloves anyway. You would get better shop prices and people won't fail their morale so easily.
    Though, it's not necessary, don't get me wrong.

And RP-wise it would make sense since you're the leader of the party, so it's not about min/maxing or powerbuilding. In a way, dropping dex for Charisma is less powergaming.
    Archaos said:

@Fiach
    Charisma doesn't mean niceness. That's alignment. ;)

OK, thanks for the insight Archaos, I hadnt thought of it like that. :)

What programme could help me change it as I spent alot of time last night hitting that re-roll button to get the stats I had planned for?

Thanks for helping :)

edited February 2013
    @Fiach
    Again, it's not necessary to do this, just more useful, I guess? That 14 CHA is pretty much wasted since it gives you nothing and a average-low Charisma Blackguard doesn't make much sense to me. It would for a Cleric or Fighter.

And about the program, I'm not sure personally what works with BGEE. Near Infinity, maybe?
    Others can answer this better, I guess and that would help me too.
    Archaos said:

@Fiach
    Again, it's not necessary to do this, just more useful, I guess? That 14 CHA is pretty much wasted since it gives you nothing and a average-low Charisma Blackguard doesn't make much sense to me. It would for a Cleric or Fighter.

And about the program, I'm not sure personally what works with BGEE. Near Infinity, maybe?
    Others can answer this better, I guess and that would help me too.

OK, I'll check that out, sounds something like TQ's Defiler programme.

Thanks again for all the help :)